Questions about OCing sytem

Andelin

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
My systen config in in my sig. My problem is CPUZ is telling me my ram is 5-4-4-12. I thought it was supposed to be cl4. Am I missing a setting in the bios? Do I manually have to tell it the timmings. Auto not good enough. CPUZ is also telling me my cpu is running at 1.456 volts. I thought that was supposed to be lower for stock. I also want to try ocing my gpu. How far is safe but more than I have stock. Do I need to feed it a lil more volts. I would rather not if I don't need to. So basically I need y'alls help in tweakin this system. It's my first attempt at ocing and I don't want to damage anything in the process. Thanks in advance for your input.

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Did you look under the memory of SPD tabs? If it was under the memory, simply go to your BIOS and change the timings and voltage to the advertised specs.
I would look for specific reviews about your video card to know how far you can push at certain voltage, every card is quite different.

Andelin

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
ok i set my timings in the bios to 4-4-4-12 and my voltage to 2.1. All is good. Now here is my next question, I set my cpu voltage to 1.35 which is what the specs say it runs at for stock but CPUZ still tells me its at 1.47 so does the AI booster app. They both say the same thing. So why after I set it to 1.35 in the bios and in the AI booster does it run at 1.47? What gives?

Andelin

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
Every sensor I have is reporting the Vcaore @ 1.47 even though I set it to 1.35 in the bios and in AI booster. I tried both directions and niether are dropping the Vcore down to stock lvls. SHould I be concerned about this? Is this abnormal? Temps at idle are at 40c.
If I can't get the Vcore down should I expect to shorten the life of this cpu? And if I can't get it down what kin of stable oc should I be able to obtain at this higher Vcore?

Andelin

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
I found in the bios that I had inadvertently enabled 200mv offset. Oops! :oops: Disabling this corrected the problem. Cpu is now running at 1.36 v.