  • Outlook Express
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
January 2, 2005 5:32:36 PM

I'm having a problem sending digital photos in Outlook Express. I'm using
Photoshop 7. I altered 3 photos and those three don't show up at all.
Instead there's a small red x in a box. I know this is not the proper
newsgroup for this posting. Could someone direct me? Thanks!

More about : photoshop

Anonymous
January 2, 2005 5:32:37 PM

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 14:32:36 -0500, Lisa wrote:

> I'm having a problem sending digital photos in Outlook Express. I'm using
> Photoshop 7. I altered 3 photos and those three don't show up at all.
> Instead there's a small red x in a box. I know this is not the proper
> newsgroup for this posting. Could someone direct me? Thanks!

Lisa, what format did you save the images in? JPG is a good format to use
when including pictures with an email.

Also, check your settings in Outlook Express> Options, to be sure that the
display of images is allowed.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Sharon they are saved as JPGs. I sent 12 pix and they all went through fine
except three that I altered. They don't show. Instead there is a red X. Any
ideas? I checked my Outlook settings and images are allowed. It has
something to do with how I changed those pictures. I lightened those three.
I'm not very familiar with Photoshop so I'm stumped.

news:o lgOLjQ8EHA.3504@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 14:32:36 -0500, Lisa wrote:
>
>> I'm having a problem sending digital photos in Outlook Express. I'm using
>> Photoshop 7. I altered 3 photos and those three don't show up at all.
>> Instead there's a small red x in a box. I know this is not the proper
>> newsgroup for this posting. Could someone direct me? Thanks!
>
> Lisa, what format did you save the images in? JPG is a good format to use
> when including pictures with an email.
>
> Also, check your settings in Outlook Express> Options, to be sure that the
> display of images is allowed.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
Related resources
January 2, 2005 7:45:08 PM

Most Adobe programs save pics in a propritory format. Usually you have to
"export" them in the format you want
Good Luck
John

"Lisa" <No@Spamallowed.com> wrote in message
news:o Vsj17Q8EHA.3260@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Sharon they are saved as JPGs. I sent 12 pix and they all went through
> fine except three that I altered. They don't show. Instead there is a red
> X. Any ideas? I checked my Outlook settings and images are allowed. It has
> something to do with how I changed those pictures. I lightened those
> three. I'm not very familiar with Photoshop so I'm stumped.
>

> "Sharon F" <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote in message
> news:o lgOLjQ8EHA.3504@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 14:32:36 -0500, Lisa wrote:
>>
>>> I'm having a problem sending digital photos in Outlook Express. I'm
>>> using
>>> Photoshop 7. I altered 3 photos and those three don't show up at all.
>>> Instead there's a small red x in a box. I know this is not the proper
>>> newsgroup for this posting. Could someone direct me? Thanks!
>>
>> Lisa, what format did you save the images in? JPG is a good format to use
>> when including pictures with an email.
>>
>> Also, check your settings in Outlook Express> Options, to be sure that
>> the
>> display of images is allowed.
>>
>> --
>> Sharon F
>> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Anonymous
January 2, 2005 8:43:05 PM

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 16:06:47 -0500, Lisa wrote:

> Sharon they are saved as JPGs. I sent 12 pix and they all went through fine
> except three that I altered. They don't show. Instead there is a red X. Any
> ideas? I checked my Outlook settings and images are allowed. It has
> something to do with how I changed those pictures. I lightened those three.
> I'm not very familiar with Photoshop so I'm stumped.

Lisa, after editing the files you had to save the changes. Check the
extensions on those saved files. Did photoshop retain the JPG extension or
was it changed to PSD? If it's a PSD file, resave with the JPG extension.
And test.

If no luck or if the files are already Adobe created JPG's, check the save
options for JPG/JPEG in your Photoshop program. On the Save dialog screen
of this program, you'll see an options button. Click this button and use
the next screen to adjust how the jpg file will be created. If unable to
get a viewable JPG for OE using these screens, you'll want to ask more
about using this screen in a photoshop forum. Adobe maintains user
newsgroups on their servers.

A workaround until then: Save your edited file in PS as a BMP (bitmap
file). Then open the bitmap in Paint and save it to a JPG file. Clumsy but
should get you through until you can work out the Adobe problem.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Oh thank you so much Sharon. I'll try that. The pictures weren't all that
bad. I should have left them alone. LOL! But I'm trying to send them to my
nephew in Iraq so it's important to me and I thank you again for your help!

> On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 16:06:47 -0500, Lisa wrote:
>
>> Sharon they are saved as JPGs. I sent 12 pix and they all went through
>> fine
>> except three that I altered. They don't show. Instead there is a red X.
>> Any
>> ideas? I checked my Outlook settings and images are allowed. It has
>> something to do with how I changed those pictures. I lightened those
>> three.
>> I'm not very familiar with Photoshop so I'm stumped.
>
> Lisa, after editing the files you had to save the changes. Check the
> extensions on those saved files. Did photoshop retain the JPG extension or
> was it changed to PSD? If it's a PSD file, resave with the JPG extension.
> And test.
>
> If no luck or if the files are already Adobe created JPG's, check the save
> options for JPG/JPEG in your Photoshop program. On the Save dialog screen
> of this program, you'll see an options button. Click this button and use
> the next screen to adjust how the jpg file will be created. If unable to
> get a viewable JPG for OE using these screens, you'll want to ask more
> about using this screen in a photoshop forum. Adobe maintains user
> newsgroups on their servers.
>
> A workaround until then: Save your edited file in PS as a BMP (bitmap
> file). Then open the bitmap in Paint and save it to a JPG file. Clumsy but
> should get you through until you can work out the Adobe problem.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
January 3, 2005 12:59:20 AM

Photoshop saves, by default, pictures in psd/pdd format. Outlook express can
not read these.

Bob

"John" <onejm@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Most Adobe programs save pics in a propritory format. Usually you have
> to "export" them in the format you want
> Good Luck
> John
>

> "Lisa" <No@Spamallowed.com> wrote in message
> news:o Vsj17Q8EHA.3260@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> Sharon they are saved as JPGs. I sent 12 pix and they all went through
>> fine except three that I altered. They don't show. Instead there is a red
>> X. Any ideas? I checked my Outlook settings and images are allowed. It
>> has something to do with how I changed those pictures. I lightened those
>> three. I'm not very familiar with Photoshop so I'm stumped.
>>

>> "Sharon F" <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote in message
>> news:o lgOLjQ8EHA.3504@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

>>> Lisa, what format did you save the images in? JPG is a good format to
>>> use
>>> when including pictures with an email.
>>>
>>> Also, check your settings in Outlook Express> Options, to be sure that
>>> the
>>> display of images is allowed.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Sharon F
>>> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Anonymous
January 3, 2005 12:59:21 AM

I've sent pix many times. It shows 9 of them just fine. It's the 3 I edited
that don't display. ?

"Bob" <bobdawn1@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Photoshop saves, by default, pictures in psd/pdd format. Outlook express
> can not read these.
>
> Bob
>

> "John" <onejm@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Most Adobe programs save pics in a propritory format. Usually you have
>> to "export" them in the format you want
>> Good Luck
>> John
>>

>> "Lisa" <No@Spamallowed.com> wrote in message
>> news:o Vsj17Q8EHA.3260@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>>> Sharon they are saved as JPGs. I sent 12 pix and they all went through
>>> fine except three that I altered. They don't show. Instead there is a
>>> red X. Any ideas? I checked my Outlook settings and images are allowed.
>>> It has something to do with how I changed those pictures. I lightened
>>> those three. I'm not very familiar with Photoshop so I'm stumped.
>>>

>>> "Sharon F" <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote in message
>>> news:o lgOLjQ8EHA.3504@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

January 3, 2005 2:24:35 AM

The nine you sent were not modified so it retained the original format
(probably jpg/bmp) Outlook Express can see these formats but cannot see
photoshop formats (psd/pdd). Those are the ones that you modified using
photoshop.
Bob

> I've sent pix many times. It shows 9 of them just fine. It's the 3 I
> edited that don't display. ?
>
> "Bob" <bobdawn1@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Photoshop saves, by default, pictures in psd/pdd format. Outlook express
>> can not read these.
>>
>> Bob
>>

>> "John" <onejm@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Most Adobe programs save pics in a propritory format. Usually you have
>>> to "export" them in the format you want
>>> Good Luck
>>> John
>>>

>>> "Lisa" <No@Spamallowed.com> wrote in message
>>> news:o Vsj17Q8EHA.3260@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

Anonymous
January 3, 2005 2:24:36 AM

Oh I see Bob but I don't know what to do about it . Thanks though.

> The nine you sent were not modified so it retained the original format
> (probably jpg/bmp) Outlook Express can see these formats but cannot see
> photoshop formats (psd/pdd). Those are the ones that you modified using
> photoshop.
> Bob
>

> "Lisa" <No@Spamallowed.com> wrote in message
>> I've sent pix many times. It shows 9 of them just fine. It's the 3 I
>> edited that don't display. ?
>>
>> "Bob" <bobdawn1@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> Photoshop saves, by default, pictures in psd/pdd format. Outlook express
>>> can not read these.
>>>
>>> Bob
>>>

>>> "John" <onejm@comcast.net> wrote in message

January 3, 2005 4:58:53 AM

When you save a photo, it will ask you what format you want it in. Choose
jpg (one of the many choices you have) and all will be well.

Bob

news:o cQVVmS8EHA.1300@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

!