best webcam for saltwater reef aquairum?

heya!

was wondering if i could get some advice? i've tried searching online, but
all of my online searches always come up w/ 'live xxx webcam' sites, heh!

here's what i'm after:
pan/tilt preferred, optical zoom a 'must'. it must also be fairly small
physically. it doens't have to be tiny like a golf ball, but i can't mount a
camera the size of a football for example.

what would be the best webcam for a reef saltwater tank? the webcam will be
on the dry side of the glass of course, not submerged.
;o)

the conditions of the environment would be:
1) greatly varying light intensity depending on where in the tank the camera
is pointed
2) zooming in to macro levels of critters in the tank (about the size of a
pencil eraser) optically, not digitally
3) the color of the lights is mostly 14K which is much blue-er than typical
lights. dunno if this matters, but figured i'd mention it.

i'm toying w/ a veo observer. it's not the best for this type of setup. i
know you get what you pay for, and am prepared to spend more, but need
something much nicer than the veo observer.

ty!
So Polite
1 answer Last reply
More about best webcam saltwater reef aquairum

    http://www.camerapad.com/forsale/ptz2/

    So Polite wrote:

    >heya!
    >
    >was wondering if i could get some advice? i've tried searching online, but
    >all of my online searches always come up w/ 'live xxx webcam' sites, heh!
    >
    >here's what i'm after:
    >pan/tilt preferred, optical zoom a 'must'. it must also be fairly small
    >physically. it doens't have to be tiny like a golf ball, but i can't mount a
    >camera the size of a football for example.
    >
    >what would be the best webcam for a reef saltwater tank? the webcam will be
    >on the dry side of the glass of course, not submerged.
    >;o)
    >
    >the conditions of the environment would be:
    >1) greatly varying light intensity depending on where in the tank the camera
    >is pointed
    >2) zooming in to macro levels of critters in the tank (about the size of a
    >pencil eraser) optically, not digitally
    >3) the color of the lights is mostly 14K which is much blue-er than typical
    >lights. dunno if this matters, but figured i'd mention it.
    >
    >i'm toying w/ a veo observer. it's not the best for this type of setup. i
    >know you get what you pay for, and am prepared to spend more, but need
    >something much nicer than the veo observer.
    >
    >ty!
    >So Polite

    NOTE: I have modified my reply-to address to avoid
    Unsolicited Commercial Email. To respond to me directly,
    please remove the dotUCE in the reply-to address.

Webcams Light Peripherals