Sign in with
Your question

Find device by MAC

Last response: in Networking
April 11, 2006 6:03:59 PM

I have a big class B network, I'm getting broadcasts from a device I don'k know, I need to find it's IP address, how can I do it? I only know it's MAC address.
Thanks.

More about : find device mac

April 11, 2006 7:10:58 PM

Depends on what switches you are using to create that big network. On a cisco switch, you can issue: show arp, and it will show you all the IP->MAC it has in it's arp table.

If this is just one big network, just put a sniffer on there and filter in on the ethernet address.
April 11, 2006 10:58:43 PM

Thanks for your answer. The switch are 3com 4200 series, I found an option to search the MAC address table, and even I couldnt find the IP, I could find where was the device fisically attached :) 
Thanks
Related resources
March 9, 2009 8:25:00 AM

Mauri82 said:
Thanks for your answer. The switch are 3com 4200 series, I found an option to search the MAC address table, and even I couldnt find the IP, I could find where was the device fisically attached :) 
Thanks

Hi,

please tell me the way to find the device by MAS address.

RAkshith
May 6, 2011 8:27:38 AM

rakshitha said:
Hi,

please tell me the way to find the device by MAS address.

RAkshith

Use this MAC scanner software: http://trogonsoftware.com/trogon-mac-scanner.html

This tool pings local network devices with ARP requests and dispaly ip and mac addresses of every device in the subnet/
!