Netcam video streaming to webpage

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.comp.periphs.webcam,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

I have an axis 205 netcam, which comes without any software, its great
to view live video by accessing its IP address but I really want to
include 'live' video in a webpage..

How can this be done.. What software should I buy etc

Any help would be very welcome..

... Tony
7 answers Last reply
More about netcam video streaming webpage
  1. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.comp.periphs.webcam,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    "Tony" <tony@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > I have an axis 205 netcam, which comes without any software, its great
    > to view live video by accessing its IP address but I really want to
    > include 'live' video in a webpage..
    >
    > How can this be done.. What software should I buy etc
    >
    > Any help would be very welcome..
    >

    > .. Tony

    I thought that such accessibility was the reason Axis touted their camera's
    web page interface. They claim that anybody anywhere on the internet can
    view what is going on within its view by simply aiming their web browser at
    it. To me that suggests you should be able to hook the camera to your
    switch, set your router to allow the camera to tunnel out, and place a link
    to the live image within your existing web page (possibly within a frame
    although I detest using that kludge).
    --
    John McGaw
    [Knoxville, TN, USA]

    Return address will not work. Please
    reply in group or through my website:
    http://johnmcgaw.com

    On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:17:32 GMT, Tony <tony@nospam.com> wrote:

    >I have an axis 205 netcam, which comes without any software, its great
    >to view live video by accessing its IP address but I really want to
    >include 'live' video in a webpage..
    >
    > How can this be done.. What software should I buy etc
    >
    >Any help would be very welcome..
    >

    >.. Tony

    If you view your video through the browser by pointing it at the ip
    address then just look at the source code of the page.

    put a copy of that page on your website, but any references in the
    source that points to its internal ip address point those to your
    external ip address and then make sure that port 80 is passed by your
    router/modem to the camera ip address.

    "BL" <bl@xxxxx.yyyy.zzzz.> wrote in message

    > If you view your video through the browser by pointing it at the ip
    > address then just look at the source code of the page.
    >
    > put a copy of that page on your website, but any references in the
    > source that points to its internal ip address point those to your
    > external ip address and then make sure that port 80 is passed by your
    > router/modem to the camera ip address.

    This won't work if you have a Dynamic IP based ISP. You will need to go
    here: http://dyndns.org and get a Dynamic IP addy (free).

    You then change the settings in your camera. You set the Domain name to what
    ever you chose, E.G. http://sloppycam.dyndns.org, and then enable Dynamic
    DNS in the "DNS" portion of the camera setup. In the "network" setup you
    will need to set the DNS to the IP number (given by Dyndns.org) for your
    new dynamic DNS and then change the IP assignment to:

    Here's an example for mine:

    Select the IP assignment to for LAN to "manually"

    IP address: 192.168.1.100 < You can change

    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 <Same as router

    Default Gatewway: 192.168.1.1 <Same as router

    Next step is to set the port forwarding in your router to those numbers
    above and it should work.

    Last step is to cut and paste code like you mentioned but you will have to
    change the URL part to what ever URL name you chose back at
    http://dyndns.org (E.G. http://sloppycam.dyndns.org)
  4. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.comp.periphs.webcam,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    I think the easiest solution is webcam software such as
    http://www.ispy.nl/products/webcam32/webcam32_info.html or
    http://www.webcamsoft.com/en/ezcast.html . Google around and you will find
    quite a bit of info (webcam software, streaming live video etc.)

    "Tony" <tony@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > I have an axis 205 netcam, which comes without any software, its great
    > to view live video by accessing its IP address but I really want to
    > include 'live' video in a webpage..
    >
    > How can this be done.. What software should I buy etc
    >
    > Any help would be very welcome..
    >

    > .. Tony
  5. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.comp.periphs.webcam,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    "Jon Erlandson" <jerlands@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > I think the easiest solution is webcam software such as
    > http://www.ispy.nl/products/webcam32/webcam32_info.html or
    > http://www.webcamsoft.com/en/ezcast.html . Google around and you will
    find
    > quite a bit of info (webcam software, streaming live video etc.)

    Nice thing about my IP cam is that i don't have to keep my computer running
    while it streams to my website! I think that's what Tony has in mind.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    Thanks guys

    The problem that I have is that my employer seems to be blocking all
    port address that I have used to view my netcam, currently its set to
    port 1024. I'm not using it on the default port 80 because I am
    webserving on that port, So what I thought about doing was some how to
    rechannel the netcam through port 80 via a webpage, dunno if this
    makes sense but its the only way that I could think of to allow me to
    view the netcam.
    I have a webpage served by IIs5 via WindowsXP Pro, this is working
    well, my ISP unfortunatly issues dynamic IP address so I've subscribed
    to a " no-ip.info" address..

    If you can think of a better way for me to see the netcam via port 80
    please tell me.... I need all the help that I can get..

    ... Tony
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:49:02 GMT, Tony <tony@nospam.com> wrote:

    >Thanks guys
    >
    >The problem that I have is that my employer seems to be blocking all
    >port address that I have used to view my netcam, currently its set to
    >port 1024. I'm not using it on the default port 80 because I am
    >webserving on that port, So what I thought about doing was some how to
    >rechannel the netcam through port 80 via a webpage, dunno if this
    >makes sense but its the only way that I could think of to allow me to
    >view the netcam.
    >I have a webpage served by IIs5 via WindowsXP Pro, this is working
    >well, my ISP unfortunatly issues dynamic IP address so I've subscribed
    >to a " no-ip.info" address..
    >
    >If you can think of a better way for me to see the netcam via port 80
    >please tell me.... I need all the help that I can get..

    Try running the webcam on port 443, which is normally used for
    SSL. If you use the Apache webserver, I htink you can do some
    redirection on port 80.

Webcams Streaming Video Software Peripherals