How do I broadcast my webcam onto my webpage?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 14, 2004 2:04:11 AM

is there some special software or html coding that I have to use to put a
live feed from my cam onto my page? I want to have a constant feed of my
birds on the net so that my family can watch my baby birds grow up. I am
running a Logitech Quick Cam IM with winxp home and a broadband connection.

THanks

UVB
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 2:43:50 AM

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 22:04:11 GMT, "Ulric Van Bergen (UVB)"
<ithinknot@youwish.com> wrote:

>is there some special software or html coding that I have to use to put a
>live feed from my cam onto my page? I want to have a constant feed of my
>birds on the net so that my family can watch my baby birds grow up. I am
>running a Logitech Quick Cam IM with winxp home and a broadband connection.
>
>THanks

The below page has a simple free way to setup a webcam for
viewing on the net (it can also take time lapse shots). There are
various other webcam programs available that usually run $20-100,
depending on the added features they include. You can also use
free the MS media encoder, but it may need a substantial
computer.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/webcamsetup.htm
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 2:27:00 PM

Ulric Van Bergen (UVB) <ithinknot@youwish.com> spewed:
> is there some special software or html coding that I have to use to
> put a live feed from my cam onto my page? I want to have a constant
> feed of my birds on the net so that my family can watch my baby birds
> grow up. I am running a Logitech Quick Cam IM with winxp home and a
> broadband connection.
>
> THanks
>

> UVB

The free version of WebcamXP can do what you need... it streams in either
java, javascript, or shockwave flash... of course I can't find a link to
it now, but I found it with minimal searching when I originally stumbled
across it.

http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/10/20/10-20-7.shtml

that might be it... but anyway - there is a free version floating around
out there (legit, but old) and it works fine for basic usage.

--
The Toe Pages:
http://www.rubbertoe.com

"Ulric Van Bergen (UVB)" <ithinknot@youwish.com> wrote in message
| is there some special software or html coding that I have to use to put a
| live feed from my cam onto my page? I want to have a constant feed of my
| birds on the net so that my family can watch my baby birds grow up. I am
| running a Logitech Quick Cam IM with winxp home and a broadband
connection.

Windows Media Encoder will work fine for that. And it's free!

More info @
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/e...

Info on how to set it up @ http://webcam.kijk.info/how/how.pdf

This is how it (can) look when running: http://webcam.kijk.info

Groetjes,

Noël

--
http://webcam.kijk.info
http://www.resize2mail.com

> > Info on how to set it up @ http://webcam.kijk.info/how/how.pdf
> >

> This link is dead

It's alive and well for me.

-- Bob Day
http://bobday.vze.com
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 6:18:26 AM

"Bob Day" <xxxxxxx@yyyyyyy.com> wrote in news:kkvTc.589$iE3.301@trndny09:

> "Ulric Van Bergen (UVB)" <ithinknot@youwish.com> wrote in message
>>
>> > Info on how to set it up @ http://webcam.kijk.info/how/how.pdf
>> >

>> This link is dead
>>

> It's alive and well for me.
>
> -- Bob Day
> http://bobday.vze.com

tried it on two diff browsers, got bupkus
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 7:39:27 AM

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 02:18:26 GMT, "Ulric Van Bergen (UVB)"
<ithinknot@youwish.com> wrote:

>"Bob Day" <xxxxxxx@yyyyyyy.com> wrote in news:kkvTc.589$iE3.301@trndny09:
>

>> "Ulric Van Bergen (UVB)" <ithinknot@youwish.com> wrote in message

>>> This link is dead
>>>

>> It's alive and well for me.
>>
>> -- Bob Day
>> http://bobday.vze.com
>>

>tried it on two diff browsers, got bupkus

Works fine here.
Anonymous
August 16, 2004 4:13:22 AM

Ulric Van Bergen (UVB) <ithinknot@youwish.com> spewed:
> tried it on two diff browsers, got bupkus

It works for me too, fwiw.

--
The Toe Pages:
http://www.rubbertoe.com

dear members here are are link. just download the software and broadcast your cam to web and get password protected and view your cam from any where and you can also get embeded code for your web page.

thanks

http://www.eyespyfx.com/index.html
!