How do I broadcast my webcam onto my webpage?

is there some special software or html coding that I have to use to put a
live feed from my cam onto my page? I want to have a constant feed of my
birds on the net so that my family can watch my baby birds grow up. I am
running a Logitech Quick Cam IM with winxp home and a broadband connection.

THanks

UVB

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 22:04:11 GMT, "Ulric Van Bergen (UVB)"
<ithinknot@youwish.com> wrote:

>is there some special software or html coding that I have to use to put a
>live feed from my cam onto my page? I want to have a constant feed of my
>birds on the net so that my family can watch my baby birds grow up. I am
>running a Logitech Quick Cam IM with winxp home and a broadband connection.
>
>THanks

The below page has a simple free way to setup a webcam for
viewing on the net (it can also take time lapse shots). There are
various other webcam programs available that usually run $20-100,
depending on the added features they include. You can also use
free the MS media encoder, but it may need a substantial
computer.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/webcamsetup.htm

Ulric Van Bergen (UVB) <ithinknot@youwish.com> spewed:
> is there some special software or html coding that I have to use to
> put a live feed from my cam onto my page? I want to have a constant
> feed of my birds on the net so that my family can watch my baby birds
> grow up. I am running a Logitech Quick Cam IM with winxp home and a
> broadband connection.
>
> THanks
>

> UVB

The free version of WebcamXP can do what you need... it streams in either
java, javascript, or shockwave flash... of course I can't find a link to
it now, but I found it with minimal searching when I originally stumbled
across it.

http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/10/20/10-20-7.shtml

that might be it... but anyway - there is a free version floating around
out there (legit, but old) and it works fine for basic usage.

--
The Toe Pages:
http://www.rubbertoe.com

"Ulric Van Bergen (UVB)" <ithinknot@youwish.com> wrote in message
| is there some special software or html coding that I have to use to put a
| live feed from my cam onto my page? I want to have a constant feed of my
| birds on the net so that my family can watch my baby birds grow up. I am
| running a Logitech Quick Cam IM with winxp home and a broadband
connection.

Windows Media Encoder will work fine for that. And it's free!

More info @
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/encoder/default.aspx

Info on how to set it up @ http://webcam.kijk.info/how/how.pdf

This is how it (can) look when running: http://webcam.kijk.info

Groetjes,

Noël

--
http://webcam.kijk.info
http://www.resize2mail.com

"Bob Day" <xxxxxxx@yyyyyyy.com> wrote in news:kkvTc.589$iE3.301@trndny09:

> "Ulric Van Bergen (UVB)" <ithinknot@youwish.com> wrote in message
>>
>> > Info on how to set it up @ http://webcam.kijk.info/how/how.pdf
>> >

>> This link is dead
>>

> It's alive and well for me.
>
> -- Bob Day
> http://bobday.vze.com

tried it on two diff browsers, got bupkus

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 02:18:26 GMT, "Ulric Van Bergen (UVB)"
<ithinknot@youwish.com> wrote:

>"Bob Day" <xxxxxxx@yyyyyyy.com> wrote in news:kkvTc.589$iE3.301@trndny09:
>

>> "Ulric Van Bergen (UVB)" <ithinknot@youwish.com> wrote in message

>>> This link is dead
>>>

>> It's alive and well for me.
>>
>> -- Bob Day
>> http://bobday.vze.com
>>

>tried it on two diff browsers, got bupkus

Works fine here.