How to set Administrator?

I am attempting to install Turbo Tax and I have been blocked because I must
have administrative rights. I have XP professional with service pak 2 and I
have spent 2 hours trying to figure out what I must do to appoint myself
administrative rights on my personal pc---I feel totally stupid!!
2 answers Last reply
More about administrator

    SMUDGE <SMUDGE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I am attempting to install Turbo Tax and I have been blocked because I must
    >have administrative rights. I have XP professional with service pak 2 and I
    >have spent 2 hours trying to figure out what I must do to appoint myself
    >administrative rights on my personal pc---I feel totally stupid!!

    Via Start > Run run
    CONTROL userpasswords2
    Go Advanced > Advanced > Users. Double-click the user and click
    "Member of". Make sure that the user is part of the Administrator
    group.

    --
    (tm)

    SMUDGE wrote:
    > I am attempting to install Turbo Tax and I have been blocked because I must
    > have administrative rights. I have XP professional with service pak 2 and I
    > have spent 2 hours trying to figure out what I must do to appoint myself
    > administrative rights on my personal pc---I feel totally stupid!!

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH