I need help with power supply problem and more....

protocol255

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and I have come here for some help. My setup is: ( all brand new )

Gigabyte 965P-DQ6 socket 775
Core 2 Duo E6700
OCZ Titanium 2048 PC6400 DDR2 800Mhz w/ EPP DC
EVGA Geforce 7300 GT 512 PCIe
Ultra 550w X2 power supply
Seagate 320gb serial ATA HD
PLEXTOR PX-755SA 16x STAT internal DVD burner

Everything is installed in the tower and I have connected all the power cables to the motherboard and drives. The problem I’m having is when I boot the computer. The CPU fan kicks on then shuts off a second latter followed by continuous short beeps for three to four second then the system tries to reboot its self again.
The motherboard manual states that this error beep indicates a power supply problem. I have power going to the mobo via the 24 pin connector, the 4 pin 12v connector and the PCIe 12v power connector. I tried using the 8 ping 12v connector and I still get the same problem, but if I don’t use that 12v connector at all and boot the system the CPU fan kicks on, shuts off, and kicks back on again and this time it stays with no error beeps. No output on the screen as well.

Sorry, I did not mean to post that three times in a row. I having some internet problems.

TurdBurglar

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2005
Ultra PSUs are crap as far as I'm concerned. I've seen multiple ones go bad and take other system components with them. I suggest getting a new one from a reputable manufacturer such as Antec or FSP group. Just my $0.02.

TurdBurglar

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2005
Ultra PSUs are crap as far as I'm concerned. I've seen multiple ones go bad and take other system components with them. I suggest getting a new one from a reputable manufacturer such as Antec or FSP group. Just my $0.02.

mcain591

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
If you hope to even keep a fraction more of your system from being RMA'd, rip that ultra bit*h out RIGHT NOW.

Ultra PSU's are absolute crap. Trust me, I know. 2 months ago, my Ultra 500w shorted out my mobo and videocard, and I'm damn lucky that nothing else was fryd.

I hate how stores (like Fry's Electronics, where I'm guessing that you bought yours) just sell them for nothing after rebate, just suckering people in. What they are really doing is just making customers need to come back to get a replacement, when Fry's can just pull out some bull and say "From the damage, it looks like you were overclocking, which voids our return policy. Feel free to go buy some more, and we'll be reasonable and just let you use another rebate and buy the same PSU."

Just my flaming at Fry's. BUT IF YOU DID BUY YOURS FROM FRY'S, don't be counting on the rebate. I bought mine with a 50 dollar rebate, and guess what, IT NEVER CAME. Many other customers have this issue with them.

And seriously, just remove it now to prevent further (if your lucky, potential) damage, because continueally restarting with a bad PSU causes more frying.

mcain591

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
If you hope to even keep a fraction more of your system from being RMA'd, rip that ultra bit*h out RIGHT NOW.

Ultra PSU's are absolute crap. Trust me, I know. 2 months ago, my Ultra 500w shorted out my mobo and videocard, and I'm damn lucky that nothing else was fryd.

I hate how stores (like Fry's Electronics, where I'm guessing that you bought yours) just sell them for nothing after rebate, just suckering people in. What they are really doing is just making customers need to come back to get a replacement, when Fry's can just pull out some bull and say "From the damage, it looks like you were overclocking, which voids our return policy. Feel free to go buy some more, and we'll be reasonable and just let you use another rebate and buy the same PSU."

Just my flaming at Fry's. BUT IF YOU DID BUY YOURS FROM FRY'S, don't be counting on the rebate. I bought mine with a 50 dollar rebate, and guess what, IT NEVER CAME. Many other customers have this issue with them.

And seriously, just remove it now to prevent further (if your lucky, potential) damage, because continueally restarting with a bad PSU causes more frying.

mcain591

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006

mcain591

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006