What is the best X1950Pro deal?

I was wondering, if I were to go for a (PCIE) X1950Pro card, might it be worth it (price performance wise) to go for the more expensive HIS X1950Pro IceQ3 Turbo, or would a Sapphire X1950Pro be a better deal? The thing is that the HIS has a slightly higher core and memory speeds, but I wonder if those are the overclocked specs.. and I don't really like the idea of overclocking my card as it might get unstable then. Also, would a (no brand) 420W PSU suffice for such a card?

Thought?
10 answers Last reply
More about what x1950pro deal
  1. Tough decision. It all boils down to a couple of considerations.

Consideration 1: Space Issues
    The sapphire is a single slot design. A bonus if you are short on space.
    The HIS is a two slot design.

Consideration 2: Overclocking/Performance
    the HIS clearly wins here. Already overclocked and with the larger cooler it has a likely potential for additional overclocking and added performance.
  2. I would go for this on. But it does not have VIVO. but it is a good price for a good brand

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814121031
  3. Unfortunately I can't order from newegg (I live in Europe).
    The best deal I could find for that card was €185.50 which is slightly more expensive than the Sapphire which can be found for €178.50, but €43.50 less than the HIS which is sold for €229.00..
    I don't really care for the VIVO and I have plenty of room, so that's not a problem, but I do wonder if the Asus isn't exactly the same (performance wise) as the Sapphire. This HIS that I found is supposedly a stunt price too.. I'm leaning towards that one right now, but I wonder if it's really worth the extra cash.
  4. Quote:
    Unfortunately I can't order from newegg (I live in Europe).
    The best deal I could find for that card was €185.50 which is slightly more expensive than the Sapphire which can be found for €178.50, but €43.50 less than the HIS which is sold for €229.00..
    I don't really care for the VIVO and I have plenty of room, so that's not a problem, but I do wonder if the Asus isn't exactly the same (performance wise) as the Sapphire. This HIS that I found is supposedly a stunt price too.. I'm leaning towards that one right now, but I wonder if it's really worth the extra cash.

wow 229 euros is a little to much if you ask me for that card after its just a x1950pro... for that cash you could maybe great a x1950xt ( not sure) i would just go with the Sapphire.... but if the asus is around the same price and with highly clock rates just get it then
  5. It's the best deal I could find for that HIS card.. Infact there was only one place I could find it. Seems these cards are difficult to obtain where I live. Even online. As for the Asus, I don't think it has higher clock rates and the X1950XT is between 280-300 Euros overhere. I just hope it's worth it and that I will out-perform my GeForce 6600V+ enough.
  6. well it wouldn't matter if you could order from newegg or not, the asus one has been out of stock for a month.... when it came in stock it was out again in 5 minutes, no email notifications were sent out... sort of confusing... anyways I got the powercolor for $10 more.... has a slight overclock and just looks cooler
  7. well if i was you i would just go with the cheapest one you can find and buy an aftermarket cooler
  8. Well I got the HIS card (I had to decide something).., but, only problem is, I don't have a compatible PSU for it. It misses the 6 pin PCIE connector. Normally the PCIE card would be accommodated by connecting a 4 pin on my MoBo, but this card has its own (special) connector apparently. Does anyone know if there are cables available that convert the regular 4 pins (HDD/CD) to a 6 pin PCIE? If possible I'd like to avoid buying an expensive PSU aswell.
  9. well as far as i know all gfx cards come with a converter but if your didnt then you can buy one for around £2
  10. Quote:
    wow 229 euros is a little to much if you ask me for that card after its just a x1950pro... for that cash you could maybe great a x1950xt ( not sure) i would just go with the Sapphire.... but if the asus is around the same price and with highly clock rates just get it then

I would avoid the Sapphire x1950 Pro... there is an issue with the design of the card and how it handles heat, that many people are having(including me) that where the card essentially puts the monitor into standby mode, while the gpu fan runs at 100%.
    The pc remains running, but no signal is sent to the monitor and the only way to recover is to reboot the pc. This has happened to me numerous times running GRAW and NWN2(and have seen it running Catalyst Control Center 3d options.)
    This problem is being reported in many places, including the Sapphire Tech Troubleshooting forum.
    Sapphire has released a newer Ultimate edition which has improved heatsinks and an aftermarket fan. Newegg sells it for $10 more, but I am avoiding the Sapphire x1950 all together and going w/ another vendor.

Hope this helps.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Performance Graphics Product