Webcam issue

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
August 17, 2004 1:58:17 AM

Hi,

This is probably a FAQ, but I cannot find the answer anywhere:

I have just installed a router and all of the sudden I cannot use my webcam
and micro anymore with Windows Messenger. Is there a piece of configuration
I need to do? Where can I find it? Is MSN Messenger better and will this
solve the problem?

Regards,
Jay

More about : webcam issue

Anonymous
September 30, 2004 9:17:27 AM

"Jay" <jayjayvda@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> This is probably a FAQ, but I cannot find the answer anywhere:
>
> I have just installed a router and all of the sudden I cannot use my
> webcam
> and micro anymore with Windows Messenger. Is there a piece of
> configuration
> I need to do? Where can I find it? Is MSN Messenger better and will this
> solve the problem?
>
> Regards,
> Jay

the router will be blocking your webcam from accessing the net.... yu need
to access the routers main menu and allow the port that the webcam wants to
use.. not so easy a task if you dont know what port , but should be
interesting for you to find out...

regards slayer
!