Pocket Quicken

March 5, 2005 11:34:30 PM

I'm attempting to sync Desktop Quicken with Dell Axim X5.

Pocket Quicken starts on the Axim, seems to run fine but no
data seems to be sent from the desktop to the Axim.

How do i fix this. Dell Axim X5 400/64, Pocket Quicken
2.1, activation code entered, Desktop Quicken 99,

More about : pocket quicken

Anonymous
March 7, 2005 7:52:06 AM

The last time I tried Pocket Quicken, it synced once with my desktop
Quicken, but never after that. Not matter what I did, including uninstalling
and reinstalling, it would not sync. Worst part was when I uninstalled it
again, it hosed my entire PDA (lost shortcuts, missing files, you name it).
Luckily, I had a backup from the previous day. So, now I just get my
financial data from the desktop.

"DW" <DrWoodardOnDS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm attempting to sync Desktop Quicken with Dell Axim X5.
>
> Pocket Quicken starts on the Axim, seems to run fine but no
> data seems to be sent from the desktop to the Axim.
>
> How do i fix this. Dell Axim X5 400/64, Pocket Quicken
> 2.1, activation code entered, Desktop Quicken 99,

Anonymous
March 7, 2005 11:08:32 AM

"DW" <DrWoodardOnDS@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm attempting to sync Desktop Quicken with Dell Axim X5.
>
> Pocket Quicken starts on the Axim, seems to run fine but no
> data seems to be sent from the desktop to the Axim.
>
> How do i fix this. Dell Axim X5 400/64, Pocket Quicken
> 2.1, activation code entered, Desktop Quicken 99,

I was too cheap to buy Pocket Quicken and switched to Microsoft Money
Instead. One can usually buy the older versions of MS Money that the
stores are clearing out for five or ten bucks and included on the
installation CD is MS Money for Pocket PC. And syncing between my desktop
computer running Windows XP Home and my Pocket PC (Viewsonic V35 running
Windows Mobile 2003 First Edition) works fine.

Regards,
John E. Golden
March 7, 2005 11:08:33 AM

Double check the manual for Pocket Quicken. I know that there are
several settings which control how many days backward to synch the
registers. Other than that it SHOULD work since its merely data being
sent back and forth. Also, try making an entry in PQ and see if its sent
to your desktop version.

David H

John E. Golden wrote:
> "DW" <DrWoodardOnDS@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I'm attempting to sync Desktop Quicken with Dell Axim X5.
>>
>>Pocket Quicken starts on the Axim, seems to run fine but no
>>data seems to be sent from the desktop to the Axim.
>>
>>How do i fix this. Dell Axim X5 400/64, Pocket Quicken
>>2.1, activation code entered, Desktop Quicken 99,
>

> I was too cheap to buy Pocket Quicken and switched to Microsoft Money
> Instead. One can usually buy the older versions of MS Money that the
> stores are clearing out for five or ten bucks and included on the
> installation CD is MS Money for Pocket PC. And syncing between my desktop
> computer running Windows XP Home and my Pocket PC (Viewsonic V35 running
> Windows Mobile 2003 First Edition) works fine.
>
> Regards,
> John E. Golden
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 11:35:16 AM

Try http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/?en Don't think there SPB FInance Quick
will work with such an old version of Desktop, but it works fine with
Quicken 2000 and it is cheaper than Pocket Quicken.

--
John Blessing

businesses
for your meeting/class over the web.
"KnumbKnuts" <[nospam[jhansman@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> The last time I tried Pocket Quicken, it synced once with my desktop
> Quicken, but never after that. Not matter what I did, including
> uninstalling
> and reinstalling, it would not sync. Worst part was when I uninstalled it
> again, it hosed my entire PDA (lost shortcuts, missing files, you name
> it).
> Luckily, I had a backup from the previous day. So, now I just get my
> financial data from the desktop.
>
> "DW" <DrWoodardOnDS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I'm attempting to sync Desktop Quicken with Dell Axim X5.
>>
>> Pocket Quicken starts on the Axim, seems to run fine but no
>> data seems to be sent from the desktop to the Axim.
>>
>> How do i fix this. Dell Axim X5 400/64, Pocket Quicken
>> 2.1, activation code entered, Desktop Quicken 99,

March 7, 2005 12:03:18 PM

John E. Golden wrote:
> I was too cheap to buy Pocket Quicken and switched to Microsoft Money

> Instead.
I got it to work on the desktop start---->programs------->
pocket quicken-------->pocket quicken connect.

BTW, I will forever be using money 2000 since it syncs to the
hp 680 and Micro$oft dumped the HPC platform years ago.

Also if Quicken/Micro$oft Money are too expensive, look for the
deals where if you buy some tax programs you'll get Micro$oft
Money/Quicken for free or at a really good price.
!