setting

I'm wanting to set up another news group in outlook so I can hide e-mail
address. What I need is all Microsoft public news groups in English. I know
it's Microsoft.public. not sure after that. Any help on this would be
appreciated. Thanks in advance.
5 answers Last reply
More about setting

    When you launch the newsreader, it actually opens in an Outlook Express
    windows since Outlook does not have its own newsreader.

    Windows XP Newsgroups
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups.mspx

    For a better Microsoft newsgroup experience:

    Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Rick & Deb" wrote:

    | I'm wanting to set up another news group in outlook so I can hide e-mail
    | address. What I need is all Microsoft public news groups in English. I know
    | it's Microsoft.public. not sure after that. Any help on this would be
    | appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    thanks for the help

    In news:YJudnSqOHprl8ETcRVn-1A@centurytel.net,
    Rick & Deb <sparky1957@centurytel.net> typed:

    > I'm wanting to set up another news group in outlook so I can
    > hide
    > e-mail address.

    First, if you really meant Outlook rather than Outlook Express,
    note that Outlook doesn't do newsgroups. Outlook uses Outlook
    Express to do newsgroups.

    I don't understand what you mean by "so I can hide e-mail
    address." When you post messages in Outlook Express, the E-mail
    adress you use doesn't have to be a real one (see mine, for
    example). This has nothing to do with "set[ting] up another news
    group."

    > What I need is all Microsoft public news groups in
    > English. I know it's Microsoft.public. not sure after that.

    While in Outlook Express, and using the Microsoft server (reading
    any Microsoft newsgroup), click on Tools | Newsgroups and you'll
    get the complete list of microsoft.public.* newsgroups.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Thanks for your reply but you must not understand. When I log on to news
    groups with IP I have to use real e-mail address or doesn't access news
    group. That's why I needed public news groups to make another account. The
    reply above is what I was looking for. Thanks, I hope this shed some light
    on what was confusing you.

    > In news:YJudnSqOHprl8ETcRVn-1A@centurytel.net,
    > Rick & Deb <sparky1957@centurytel.net> typed:
    >
    >> I'm wanting to set up another news group in outlook so I can hide
    >> e-mail address.
    >

    > First, if you really meant Outlook rather than Outlook Express, note that
    > Outlook doesn't do newsgroups. Outlook uses Outlook Express to do
    > newsgroups.
    >
    > I don't understand what you mean by "so I can hide e-mail address." When
    > you post messages in Outlook Express, the E-mail adress you use doesn't
    > have to be a real one (see mine, for example). This has nothing to do with
    > "set[ting] up another news group."
    >

    >> What I need is all Microsoft public news groups in
    >> English. I know it's Microsoft.public. not sure after that.
    >

    > While in Outlook Express, and using the Microsoft server (reading any
    > Microsoft newsgroup), click on Tools | Newsgroups and you'll get the
    > complete list of microsoft.public.* newsgroups.

    > Please reply to the newsgroup

    Thanks for the reply. My IP blocks me from using news groups if my e-mail
    address is not correct. If I don't use my IP and set up a free news group I
    can make up any e-mail address I want. The reply above was what I was
    looking for. I hope this shed some light on what you were confused about.
    Cheers

    > In news:YJudnSqOHprl8ETcRVn-1A@centurytel.net,
    > Rick & Deb <sparky1957@centurytel.net> typed:
    >
    >> I'm wanting to set up another news group in outlook so I can hide
    >> e-mail address.
    >

    > First, if you really meant Outlook rather than Outlook Express, note that
    > Outlook doesn't do newsgroups. Outlook uses Outlook Express to do
    > newsgroups.
    >
    > I don't understand what you mean by "so I can hide e-mail address." When
    > you post messages in Outlook Express, the E-mail adress you use doesn't
    > have to be a real one (see mine, for example). This has nothing to do with
    > "set[ting] up another news group."
    >

    >> What I need is all Microsoft public news groups in
    >> English. I know it's Microsoft.public. not sure after that.
    >

    > While in Outlook Express, and using the Microsoft server (reading any
    > Microsoft newsgroup), click on Tools | Newsgroups and you'll get the
    > complete list of microsoft.public.* newsgroups.

    > Please reply to the newsgroup

Outlook Microsoft Email Windows XP