delete I/E

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

cheers-Herb.ow can I delete MS Internet Explorer? Some of the key
strokes are affecting another program and I can't proceed.
When I press alt-F1 as required in another program, it opens I/E
and says "MOTIVE COMMUNICATIONS-MS INTERNET EXPLORER CUSTOMIZED FOR
VERIZON ONLINE" I don't even USE I/E. Thanx.
3 answers Last reply
More about delete

    herbzee wrote:
    > cheers-Herb.ow can I delete MS Internet Explorer? Some of the key
    > strokes are affecting another program and I can't proceed.
    > When I press alt-F1 as required in another program, it opens I/E
    > and says "MOTIVE COMMUNICATIONS-MS INTERNET EXPLORER CUSTOMIZED FOR
    > VERIZON ONLINE" I don't even USE I/E. Thanx.

    I had a somewhat similar problem My observations are:

    1) You don't want to delete IE. It's too deeply integrated with the OS
    to be able to get rid of it. Just don't use it if you don't like it.

    2) The problem you're seeing isn't IE. It's Verizon which has installed
    some kind of extensions that invoke IE when you hit those keys.

    If it were me, I'd focus on getting rid of anything installed which has
    to do with Verizon or Motive Communications. Go to:

    Start>Setting>ControlPanel>Add/RemovePgms and search down through that
    list to see what to uninstall as a starting point.

    Good luck....

    Bill

    Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from address) wrote:
    > herbzee wrote:
    >
    >> cheers-Herb.ow can I delete MS Internet Explorer? Some of the key
    >> strokes are affecting another program and I can't proceed.
    >> When I press alt-F1 as required in another program, it opens I/E
    >> and says "MOTIVE COMMUNICATIONS-MS INTERNET EXPLORER CUSTOMIZED FOR
    >> VERIZON ONLINE" I don't even USE I/E. Thanx.

    > I had a somewhat similar problem My observations are:
    >
    > 1) You don't want to delete IE. It's too deeply integrated with the OS
    > to be able to get rid of it. Just don't use it if you don't like it.
    >
    > 2) The problem you're seeing isn't IE. It's Verizon which has installed
    > some kind of extensions that invoke IE when you hit those keys.
    >
    > If it were me, I'd focus on getting rid of anything installed which has
    > to do with Verizon or Motive Communications. Go to:
    >
    > Start>Setting>ControlPanel>Add/RemovePgms and search down through that
    > list to see what to uninstall as a starting point.
    >
    > Good luck....
    >
    > Bill

    I agree with Bill. The software provided by Verizon is buggy at best.
    The Motive software is not needed for your Verizon connection to work
    properly. You might want to check the 0.verizon newsgroups at
    news.verizon.net. Remove all Verizon software. It will only cause
    problems.

    gls858

    Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from address) wrote:
    > herbzee wrote:
    >
    >> cheers-Herb.ow can I delete MS Internet Explorer? Some of the key
    >> strokes are affecting another program and I can't proceed.
    >> When I press alt-F1 as required in another program, it opens I/E
    >> and says "MOTIVE COMMUNICATIONS-MS INTERNET EXPLORER CUSTOMIZED FOR
    >> VERIZON ONLINE" I don't even USE I/E. Thanx.

    > I had a somewhat similar problem My observations are:
    >
    > 1) You don't want to delete IE.

    In fact in XP you'll find you *CAN'T* delete IE.

Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP