Got a problem when I installed my new graphic card.

ghostman6

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2006
Not sure that this thread is in the right place.

Just checking if there might be someone that knows where the problem is.

Got my new graphic card today, a "Sapphire Radeon X1600PRO 512MB DDR2, AGP8X, Tv-Out, DVI-I, Lite-Retail".

I put it in the computer and installed the drivers with the cd that follows. Everything worked as it should but when I was trying a game I noticed the sound wasn´t working anymore. So I took out the soundcard to check what drivers I needed to download for it but when I turned on the computer again the screen didn´t start.

I got a message on the motherboard "FF": "The flash has been updated successfully. Make flash write disabled. Disable ATAPI hardware. Restore CPUID value back into register. Give control to F000 ROM at F000:FFF0h".

Don´t know if it should say that or if it tries to say something is wrong :p but as I said gthe screen wont work anyway =/.

I thought that the computer might lack power so I put the old graphic card in instead but I got the same problem, the screen wont work. So now I don´t know what to do to make it work =/

Should have gotten your uncle to install it for you.

Did you try going to microsoft website and getting updates ?

Uninstall the card through the device manager, reboot, and try again. Get the latest drivers from ati website, don't let windows do it for you, and don't use the cd-rom drivers..... unless you have to.

mpjesse

Splendid
Should have gotten your uncle to install it for you.

Did you try going to microsoft website and getting updates ?

Uninstall the card through the device manager, reboot, and try again. Get the latest drivers from ati website, don't let windows do it for you, and don't use the cd-rom drivers..... unless you have to.

Ummm... those are BIOS messages and have nothing to do with Windows. And like he said, the machine won't even POST now.

Read carefully.

Good chance you didn't ground yourself before messing around inside your case. You may have caused a short and destroyed your motherboard.

Unplug the power supply from the back of the case. Hit the start button to discharge any remaining power in the system. Take the battery out for a few minutes. Put it back in. Plug in power cord. See what happens when you try and reboot.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

You may also want to read the manual that came with the board to see what jumper to move onto what pins to reset cmos..... FIRST. See if that works.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

TRENDING THREADS