lewbaseball07

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
my voltage doesnt hold....it fluctuates alot in cpu-z from 1.328 to 1.44 and i have it set in bios to 1.45

my rig specs are in my post signature...

i have a 500w mge power supply but its nothing fancy and its about a year old is that the problem cuz thats wat iam thinking?...it could also be the bios of my ds3 there not updated its f6

i have my e6300 c2d overclocked to 3.15ghz

GrimReaperGuy

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
I hope and assume that the OP means 1.44.
You likely have some SpeedStep function enabled, which is throttling your voltage when your CPU is idle to save power and emit less heat. There should be some BIOS option to disable EIST.

sailer

Splendid
I hope and assume that the OP means 1.44.
You likely have some SpeedStep function enabled, which is throttling your voltage when your CPU is idle to save power and emit less heat. There should be some BIOS option to disable EIST.

I would hope he meant to type a 1.44 instead of a 3.44, etc, but he typed 3 three times, so that makes me wonder. It could be that only the built in safegaurds have saved him. Don't know for sure.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Wow 3.4vcore on the cpu, it's a world record! I think you're looking the wrong reading or the cpu-z is reading it wrong. I know I have over 3.0vcore on my 820 once, wrong reading of course.

Andelin

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
Might he be talking about his PCIE voltage? If that is the case then he's in the ballpark. I know mine runs around 3.33 volts. Just a thought. Probably wrong.

sailer

Splendid
damn it...i always do that

i was talking about 1.44 and 1.328 vcore

sorry guys

Ok, I accept that. My fingers have sometimes typed something other than my brain was thinking.

That said, since you have the BIOS set of 1.45 and CPU-Z shows 1.328-1.44, my guess is that either your pus isn't holding its voltages stable or the motherboard is having a problem. Try checking with a different program than CPU-Z. If things still look wrong, try a different psu if you have a spare handy to see if that helps. If it still shows so much fluxuation, the next thing I'd think of is the motherboard.

lewbaseball07

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
i never changed any setting except for the voltages and mhz in the bios so iam goin to look in my bios .i highly doubt it would be my mobo i dont know why iam thinking this but i dont wanna accept that its my mobo cuz if it is iam goin to shoot my self lol

lewbaseball07

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
ok i disabled all the ones i thought would make a difference

ok wow this seems weird....it fluctuates from what i had it set to to what i set it to currently...i havent checked another program other than cpu-z yet...

let me do that

lewbaseball07

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
yep deffentiantly my power supply...althrough the freaking northbridge is hot to touch and the proccessor was running at 50 c degrees...i shut it off waited 10 minutes and booted up in stock....

getting a new power supply, cpu fan, and north bridge cooler for christmas cuz i dont wanna go water (dont wanna risk)

lewbaseball07

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
ok..thanks guy...one more thing...my freaking south bridge heatsink is really hot to touch. the stupid ppl who designed the gigabyte ds3 made it right below the pci express slot so iam thinking when i get a 7900gtx which is dual slot, if i got a fan for the southbridge the video card wouldnt fit?

any suggestions....south bridge just controls i/o and pci slots right? so if you overclock it doesnt raise the tempature of it correct me if iam wrong

TRENDING THREADS