Will the Toms Hardware Editors keep up with the news!

Really THG editors, you guys need to keep up with the latest tech.

You guys are at least a day late on most of the "news" by which it is no longer news. It's gotten to a point where Toms no longer have much new "true" content apart from some of the reviews (esp. the monthly GPU round up, which is quite unique to the site). I also though that IDF coverage this year was lacking quite a bit...
10 answers Last reply
More about will toms hardware editors news
  1. I encourage you to become a community reporter. Check out the details at blog.tomshardware.com. :)
  2. ^ I hate writing, but I love reading. I don't think I'd be a good reporter lol.
  3. I do as you post quite a bit shadow.

Break a bit more news and a bit less wind.

If you can get a good balance ... Viola ... your a reporter !!

If not ... your Fuad !!
  4. I agree with Reynod. Throw your hat into the mix, but before check out a few posts by our current community reporters. It's really quite simple: Find a story you think members would enjoy, post the link, and post a little blurb on why you think it's relevant/what you think and you're in business.

I do agree with you though, as the news on the front page can be a bit dated at times, but our reporters/editors are doing the best the can.
  5. Mind telling me more about this Community Reporter stuff? Is there a FAQ,etc for this? If not, some one may want to make one.

Also, are these Community Reporter postings going to be on the home page at all?
  6. See, this is an example of good work: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ocz-ibis-hsdl-high-speed-data-link,2754.html

Wish more Toms stuff was like that. Hope is not lost.
  7. Sure. Community Reporters report here in the forums rather than the front page - though if they generate feature pieces, I'm sure it could easily make it to the main page. There isn't an FAQ yet as it is a relatively new thing. Do you have any questions in particular?
  8. Ok so I want to submit this:
    ----------------------------------------
    Read: http://googlecode.blogspot.com/2010/09/webp-new-image-format-for-web.html

Quote:
    Most of the common image formats on the web today were established over a decade ago and are based on technology from around that time. Some engineers at Google decided to figure out if there was a way to further compress lossy images like JPEG to make them load faster, while still preserving quality and resolution. As part of this effort, we are releasing a developer preview of a new image format, WebP, that promises to significantly reduce the byte size of photos on the web, allowing web sites to load faster than before.

------------
    WHERE do I post it?!?!?!
  9. A good place to start with that one would be somewhere in the Internet Applications sub forum. It doesn't have a specific sub forum that corresponds directly to it, but it would work there just fine.
  10. Can a Mod create a section for this kind of submission specifically? Probably under "News & Leisure".
Ask a new question

Read More

Website Opinions Hardware Editors Tom's Hardware