Sign in with
Your question

Will the Toms Hardware Editors keep up with the news!

Last response: in Site Feedback
September 24, 2010 2:46:43 AM

Really THG editors, you guys need to keep up with the latest tech.

You guys are at least a day late on most of the "news" by which it is no longer news. It's gotten to a point where Toms no longer have much new "true" content apart from some of the reviews (esp. the monthly GPU round up, which is quite unique to the site). I also though that IDF coverage this year was lacking quite a bit...
September 24, 2010 3:14:59 PM

I encourage you to become a community reporter. Check out the details at blog.tomshardware.com. :) 
September 24, 2010 3:42:00 PM

^ I hate writing, but I love reading. I don't think I'd be a good reporter lol.
Related resources
September 27, 2010 12:38:50 AM

I do as you post quite a bit shadow.

Break a bit more news and a bit less wind.

If you can get a good balance ... Viola ... your a reporter !!

If not ... your Fuad !!

September 28, 2010 9:41:37 PM

I agree with Reynod. Throw your hat into the mix, but before check out a few posts by our current community reporters. It's really quite simple: Find a story you think members would enjoy, post the link, and post a little blurb on why you think it's relevant/what you think and you're in business.

I do agree with you though, as the news on the front page can be a bit dated at times, but our reporters/editors are doing the best the can.
September 28, 2010 10:26:04 PM

Mind telling me more about this Community Reporter stuff? Is there a FAQ,etc for this? If not, some one may want to make one.

Also, are these Community Reporter postings going to be on the home page at all?
September 29, 2010 1:58:22 PM

Sure. Community Reporters report here in the forums rather than the front page - though if they generate feature pieces, I'm sure it could easily make it to the main page. There isn't an FAQ yet as it is a relatively new thing. Do you have any questions in particular?
October 1, 2010 2:52:19 AM

Ok so I want to submit this:
----------------------------------------
Read: http://googlecode.blogspot.com/2010/09/webp-new-image-f...

Quote:
Most of the common image formats on the web today were established over a decade ago and are based on technology from around that time. Some engineers at Google decided to figure out if there was a way to further compress lossy images like JPEG to make them load faster, while still preserving quality and resolution. As part of this effort, we are releasing a developer preview of a new image format, WebP, that promises to significantly reduce the byte size of photos on the web, allowing web sites to load faster than before.

------------
WHERE do I post it?!?!?!
October 3, 2010 12:20:27 PM

A good place to start with that one would be somewhere in the Internet Applications sub forum. It doesn't have a specific sub forum that corresponds directly to it, but it would work there just fine.
October 3, 2010 8:31:23 PM

Can a Mod create a section for this kind of submission specifically? Probably under "News & Leisure".
!