Converting Analogue CCTV to web

Hi,

What options are out there for me to convert my CCTV
setup to an IP based one ?

I see that AXIS provide Analogue to IP converter boxes
but they are expensive. Is the anything else out there
that does the job cheaper ?

Thanks

In news:cgim5n$ot$1$830fa795@news.demon.co.uk,
Dar B <darn@s.pa.or> , the one with no sense -typed:
> Hi,
>
> What options are out there for me to convert my CCTV
> setup to an IP based one ?
>
> I see that AXIS provide Analogue to IP converter boxes
> but they are expensive. Is the anything else out there
> that does the job cheaper ?
>
> Thanks

use a normal tv card from pc world...25 quid...

cheapest option going ..

regards slayer

ThE SlAyEr <phlem1@btinternet.com> wrote:
> use a normal tv card from pc world...25 quid...

> cheapest option going ..

Hey Slayer, thanks for the response. Do you mean get a
PC video capture card and install a PC at the site then
connect the PC to the internet and run some kind of
capture/viewing/recording software on the PC ?

Could you recommend any cards and software that would
suit. I want to install this in a professional environment
where the customer is fairly concerned about image quality.

Thanks again mate,

Darren

In news:cgkvee$a00$1$830fa17d@news.demon.co.uk,
DarnBre <dren@setti.paa.og> , the one with no sense -typed:
> ThE SlAyEr <phlem1@btinternet.com> wrote:
>> use a normal tv card from pc world...25 quid...
>
>> cheapest option going ..
>

> Hey Slayer, thanks for the response. Do you mean get a
> PC video capture card and install a PC at the site then
> connect the PC to the internet and run some kind of
> capture/viewing/recording software on the PC ?
>
> Could you recommend any cards and software that would
> suit. I want to install this in a professional environment
> where the customer is fairly concerned about image quality.
>
> Thanks again mate,
>
> Darren

sorry darren been too busy to respond....

have to go to work now but if i remember ill get back to you later today or
tomorrow....

i use similar software and it works quite well....keep looking for
suggestions tho...

regards slayer