Sapphire X1900GT Rev. 1 = $159/Free shipping on Newegg

Slobogob

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
The 1900 GTs had Crossfire the old way. I´m not sure i´d want that. If i had one already, like you, i would´ve probably done it too though.

Slobogob

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
The 1900 GTs had Crossfire the old way.

You dont know what you're talking about.

......No cables.

Actually i do. They use the PCIe Bus to communicate. Just like the bridgeless SLI nvidias forceware has to offer. It slows them down. Maybe just a little, but it does. And "that little" may even differ between different games. As i said, if i had the choice between 1950 Pro xfire and 1900 GT xfire i´d always choose the 1950 Pro.

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
8O What mobo are you buying?
Probably a $60 dollar Xpress 200 board for now, they only offer 8x bandwidth when doing software Xfire, but in the review I linked to whats his name above, there was no real performance difference in comparison to a 16x laned RD580(Xpress 3200) motherboard.

I always buy the cheaper stuff, but I force it into performing good :lol:

I'm really stoked about this Paul :D

pauldh

Illustrious
I'm really stoked about this Paul
I bet you are. I guess I have a few days to top your score before it will be all over for good. STill no FX-55, but I finished Fear last night.

I wanted to buy the evga 8800GTS today for $435 shipped after $20 rebate. Also saw the Ice Q turbo X1950XT 256MB is $285 AR. But compared to a $159 X1900GT, those are still way overpriced. Besides after all this Christmas shopping, last thing I need is a $450 or even $305 ZZF order on there too.

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
I finished Fear last night.
It showed that crazy bitches bush! 8O

.....and she was your mom
ugh.gif

G

Just curious, what kind of hints?

Only an opinion here but looking at the G80 architecture, it doesn't seam like an FX to me! I wonder if both G80 and R600 will pull a FX then!

Really just curious as I don't plan to wait until the R600 but I would be pretty disapointed if the G80 underperformed the R600 by more then say 5-10% in DX10.

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
New cpu GW; priorities man.....priorities.
I know Raven, but I was going to buy one of these cards anyways, and this is as low as they'll get in price(I think).

If they'd have disappeared before I could get one, it would mean no Xfire.

I can buy a new cpu later :wink:

raven_87

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005

figured they would have some combo deals on newegg or something.
its shopping season, you gotta be able to find a decent bargain :wink:

Slobogob

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Actually i do.
Dude, you said they do Xfire the old way, and the old way is through dongles and master cards :roll:

It looks like you read the link I posted though, so at least now your educated on the matter.

:lol:

It´s okay. You don´t have to use the cables, i knew that before since the x1600/x1300 sports the same feature - which i ment with the old way. The cards aren´t designed for this though. Or the drivers are lacking. One way or the other, you´re loosing performance. Since you can´t go another route (without buying a mastercard wich isn´t worth it), you´ve no other options. The new 1950 Pro/1650 XT and probably every card that will follow will use a bridge. Which is "the new" way. Generally you should stop assuming things or, if you do, not take assumptions for facts. Sure you could say that cables are the old way, but that´s clearly not what i meant. That would be very 3dfx and that is not old. That´s ancient.

Santz24

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
Hey, thats the card im planning on buying. It seems dirt cheap for the X1900's. Read any reviews on it? is it good?

Slobogob

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Would you choose it over a GeForce 7900GS?

:lol:

That is a very good question, one i´m asking myself too. I can get a 7900gs for 149 Euro and a 1950 Pro for 167 Euro.

It depends mostly on how tight your budget is and if you´re willing to overclock. At stock the 7900GS is slower than the 1950 Pro, but if you overclock the 7900GS it comes quite close. On the other hand, people say the 1950 pro has the better image quality.
In my case i would go for the 1950 pro, no questions asked. There are a few more things i have to take into consideration, too (i need a new MB, for example, etc).

Right now i´m trying to figure out the impact of AMD(ATI) and Nvidia cards in regards to Physics. Both companies have anounced GPU Physics but when will it happen and on what cards will it work and so on...

The 1900GT is a nice option too, depending on the price differences, especially if you don´t care about crossfire and GPU Physics.

fatcat

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2005
I might be able to grabe one at the corner store if you can believe it, I wonder how would it compare to my 7600GT would it be worth it ?

Slobogob

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
I spent most of yesterday posting back and forth with guys who bought that card, and it's great if you don't want to overclock....at all :lol:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=206015

Yep. A few months back, when i bought the-card-which-shall-not-be-mentioned, i was considering ATIs X1xxx series. When i checked their forums, i found that many people were having either trouble with their PSUs or with the heat those beasts put out.

It would personally drive me bananas if my graphics card blacked when I moved the memory slider at all.

To be honest, i´m silently hoping that just that happens to my card-which-shall-not-be-mentioned. It would "force" me to buy a new one. I´m at the point where i would consider it a healthy exorcism. :twisted: