i broke pci express 1 on asus striker extreme /cry :(

nikolov

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2006
yes sad but true, when unmounting my 8800 gtx to mount my zalman 9500 i broke my first pci slot express... now when i plug the video card in this slot, and i push unit on, the monitor stays off, the comp doesnt recognize the video card...when i plug the graphic card to pci express 2 or 3 comp start, monitor too and i can access bios, but after bios, it asks me to put back graphic card to first pci express slot for non sli configuration..my question is : is there a way to cheat with the bios asus to make it think my card is on first pci express slot when it is on pci express 2 or 3 ? please help me im so desesperate :(

and also is it hard to repair myself this pci slot ? could buy a new one maybe, thanks

BustedSony

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
yes sad but true, when unmounting my 8800 gtx to mount my zalman 9500 i broke my first pci slot express... and also is it hard to repair myself this pci slot ? could buy a new one maybe, thanks

HOW did you break it? The black or brown material holding the pins cracked? Pins were bent or broken? It was damaged electrically?

nikolov

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2006
pints are bent, i tried to push them back at their place but that didnt work...is there anyway to cheat with the bios to put graphic card on pci express slot 2 or 3 ?

tehrobzorz

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
i think you should have learned a lesson from this. be very VERY gentle with $$$ equipment. show us a picture of the bent thingos ?

nikolov

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2006
i have nothing to take picture :/ but yes i learned the lesson, i took a p5b deluxe to replace my broken striker, and installed everything gently and it works, im running dual instance prime95 atm to test my cpu temp at stock settings with zalman 9500

tehrobzorz

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
how rich are you? spare p5b deluxe around?

SHAREEEE?! =] SHARING IS CARING

THE THG COMMUNITY CARES FOR ONE ANOTHERRRRRR

hehe im so cheap xD

minim3

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
how did you manage to broke it in the first place????
Slide in, slide out! How did it went wrong???? I have done it many times, never thought it was gonna brake.

arima

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
ouch. that must be quite painful. :? And no.. i don't think there's any simple way to cheat bios. It won't boot to windows with the gfx plugged into the 2nd slot?

BustedSony

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
ouch. that must be quite painful. :? And no.. i don't think there's any simple way to cheat bios. It won't boot to windows with the gfx plugged into the 2nd slot?

The PCI-E card has to be in the first slot, that can't be bypassed. However the board can still be used in a numbers cruncher or powerful business system if a PCI card is used for video. The gaming and advanced multimedia is lost though.

I don't see how the pins could have been bent, the type of force needed to push the card in place should have been warning that something was wrong. (I suppose this was an honest error, so I won't use the cliche about more muscles than brains.. :p )