Win 7 hickup/problems

theyuppie

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
I just put my computer together 2 days ago. After I completed everything I noticed I ran into only 2 problems (other than my after market cpu not fitting). Only when my computer is completely off and then I press the power button the computer will shut off and turn back on after about 4 or 5 seconds. After the hickup everything runs fine but I was curious what was causing that and how do I fix it. Another issue I was having was not all the Icons show up when i pin them to the taskbar or the start menu. I was wondering if their was a way to fix that so im not looking at an icon with lined piece of paper. Thank you for your help ask any questions if I am not clear enough. Im not extremely technical savvy so please understand if im a little slow with things.

New system:
Intel 2500k cpu
evga 560 ti gpu
asus p67 sabbertooth
corsair vengeance 8 gig
seagate 1t 7500

John_VanKirk

Distinguished
Hi there,
Congrats on completing a nice high end computer.

The first item you described in computer parlance, is called a 'boot loop'. Check out the Gigabyte Guide on the Gigabyte forum by Bilbat. Part way down he describes boot loops, and in many cases how to correct them.

The second item about pinning icons to your taskbar, is different in Win-7 as compared to Win-XP. Programs running on your computer you can pin, URL shortcuts initially you couldn't. That behavior was changed with the Win-7 SP1 update. Might check that out and once everything is working OK.

Hope that's helpful.

TRENDING THREADS