HELP! Context Box keeps popping up consistently

January 3, 2005 10:27:01 PM

The current 'right click' context box keeps popping up on my screen! When I
press escape, it pops up again after a second or two and prevents me from
typing. It's frustrating, and I tried to find a solution to no avail. The
computer manual doesn't even talk about the use of the context key. I have a
Dell laptop Inspiron 1100 that has a white context button at the upper right.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Mike
Anonymous
January 4, 2005 12:36:53 PM

Penguin87 <Penguin87@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The current 'right click' context box keeps popping up on my screen! When I
>press escape, it pops up again after a second or two and prevents me from
>typing. It's frustrating, and I tried to find a solution to no avail. The
>computer manual doesn't even talk about the use of the context key. I have a
>Dell laptop Inspiron 1100 that has a white context button at the upper right.

This could also be caused by a problem with the touchpad or the
(external) mouse. Check the right-click keys here.

--
(tm)
Anonymous

Hi, Thorsten:
This problem only started about a week ago, and I had the problem new for
about a year. I didn't see a link or something with your reply, when you
said check the right-click keys here. Did you just mean in the message box?
It does work here. I'm going to see if any of the Dell websites talks about
the context key!

Thanks for the info!

"Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

> Penguin87 <Penguin87@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >The current 'right click' context box keeps popping up on my screen! When I
> >press escape, it pops up again after a second or two and prevents me from
> >typing. It's frustrating, and I tried to find a solution to no avail. The
> >computer manual doesn't even talk about the use of the context key. I have a
> >Dell laptop Inspiron 1100 that has a white context button at the upper right.
>
> This could also be caused by a problem with the touchpad or the
> (external) mouse. Check the right-click keys here.
>
> --
> (tm)

Anonymous
January 5, 2005 11:55:14 AM

"Pennguin87" <Pennguin87@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>This problem only started about a week ago, and I had the problem new for
>about a year. I didn't see a link or something with your reply, when you
>said check the right-click keys here. Did you just mean in the message box?
>It does work here. I'm going to see if any of the Dell websites talks about
>the context key!

What I mean is to check the keys for right-clicking on the mouse and
the touchpad. Also you may want to reinstall the drivers for these
devices.

--
(tm)
!