Sign in with
Your question

wat the fugging.... - Page 2

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 4, 2006 8:24:52 PM

Quote:
Ok so I ended up getting a 9600xt and happily installed. all is well and games are running better. So now I am telling everybody about my new toy and my friend says that his 6800gt will whoop my 9600xt. I was like nope cause gt=sucks and xt=awesome plus mine runs at 500mhz and his runs at 350mhz. So he said we should have a showdown and so I say sure since I'm sure mine will win. Well long story short, his card DID whoop mine...wtf??? How cood this happen and now my happyness has turned to sadness about my new card. Plz explain how a 350mhz card can win against a 500mhz??? It's like a ford beating a corvette. I need to know, thx guys :cry: 

If you are happy with it, then stay happy with it. Who cares what your "friend" has? I just hope you and your "friend" stopped the comparisons at computer-based benchmarks. :oops: 
December 4, 2006 8:40:15 PM

Quote:
Ok so I ended up getting a 9600xt and happily installed. all is well and games are running better. So now I am telling everybody about my new toy and my friend says that his 6800gt will whoop my 9600xt. I was like nope cause gt=sucks and xt=awesome plus mine runs at 500mhz and his runs at 350mhz. So he said we should have a showdown and so I say sure since I'm sure mine will win. Well long story short, his card DID whoop mine...wtf??? How cood this happen and now my happyness has turned to sadness about my new card. Plz explain how a 350mhz card can win against a 500mhz??? It's like a ford beating a corvette. I need to know, thx guys :cry: 

If you are happy with it, then stay happy with it. Who cares what your "friend" has? I just hope you and your "friend" stopped the comparisons at computer-based benchmarks. :oops: 

Thats what I said like ages ago... also about that whole a Ford Beating a Corvette... Corvettes are very nice yes.... but The Shelby Cobra's were designed to beat a Corvette and if thats to old for you.... the Ford GT 40 ( i think is the right name) would beat a Corvette :) 

..:600th post :) :..
December 4, 2006 10:54:03 PM

Quote:

Thats what I said like ages ago... also about that whole a Ford Beating a Corvette... Corvettes are very nice yes.... but The Shelby Cobra's were designed to beat a Corvette and if thats to old for you.... the Ford GT 40 ( i think is the right name) would beat a Corvette :) 

corvette ~40k
gt-40 ~140k

I would hope it was better.

But, if you wanted real performance you would get a McLaren.
Related resources
December 4, 2006 11:04:40 PM

Quote:

corvette ~40k
gt-40 ~140k

But, if you wanted real performance you would get a McLaren.
To tell you the truth I am not really into Super Cars better have soemthing simple like...
subaru impreza with out all the extras...
a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2006 5:38:32 AM

Quote:

The bigger questions is who cares? We are talking about five year old equipment.

Obviously YOU care or you wouldn't have commented on my statement to Pauldh in the first place. :roll:
We knew what we were talking about, but you didn't, but you obviously felt compelled to comment.

Quote:
corvette ~40k
gt-40 ~140k

OK, how about the $50K Mustang Shelby Cobra GT 500 versus the $70K Corvette Z06 then, still ends the same.

As for the MacF1, nice, but the Veyron's taken that podium.
      • 2 / 2
!