C2D with Old AGP or integrated graphics?

sycmaster33

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2006
I have a Athlon 2500 overclocked to 3200 on a nforce board with a Radeon 9800 pro. It has been fine for me but I think I want to step up to dual core. Now I don't really want to drop a lot of money so I noticed this board, ASRock 775Dual-VSTA and thought that would be prefect. I can use all my old stuff...perfect. Then I got thinking, my card is old (although it works fine for most of the light gaming i do) and thought maybe the integrated graphics now might be faster then what i have. If that is the case, then I guess I could spend a bit more for new RAM and a more expensive motherboard.

Is that the case?

I guess I could also drop the 9800 Pro and drop in a X800 for fairly cheap. Would i notice that much difference?

Some thoughts before I buy please......

Thanks.

I believe anandtech has a review of the dual vsta. Use it with the e6300 for a cheap upgrade. A better upgrade would include the gigabyte 965p board with ddr2. But if you can get the asrock for around $60, then go for it. I wouldn't use it with anything slower than pc3200. Fry's has been giving away the ecs version with agp only ($169 with retail boxed e6300).