Sign in with
Your question

Help with Overclocking GeForce 5600XT...yeah I know....

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 3, 2006 4:37:20 PM

Yes I know. The card is terrible.

But what do you expect from a 4 year old computer from dell that only supports AGP 4x

Ok... the card is passivly cooled and I cannot find a temperature utility anywhere...however the card is painfully slow and im really looking to overclock it to improve settings a little.
The card defaults are

Clock 234 MHz
Memory 399MHz (256MB DDR)

Dont worry guys, i will be building myself a new computer soon *sigh*

Anyway, what do you think the maximum i can get out of this card would be??

any help would be appreciated.
December 3, 2006 4:56:46 PM

It's probable that your video card doesn't have a temperature sensor. I'm pretty sure my 5900XT doesn't have one. Correct me if I'm wrong.
December 3, 2006 7:39:55 PM

You are probably right. However do you have any idea what I may be able to overclock it to?
Related resources
December 3, 2006 8:27:41 PM

Dude, do humanity a favor and set that card ablaze immediately. Then laugh like an evil sith lord as the magical blue smoke is released, and the card dies a quick death. That's a better solution than trying to get ANYTHING useful out of this pos. Sorry if this seems harsh but the 5200 ultra will pwn that 5600xt. Even if you got a respectable overclock, the intrinsic limitations of that card will hold you back. Torturing that card will give you much more satisfaction than trying to squeeze a little more life out of it! :D  :twisted:
December 3, 2006 9:09:59 PM

Had a 128mb 5200 that got 30MHz over on the core and maybe 50 on the memory. Though that was my only 5 series, many people have said that the 5 series was wildly overclockable.

BFG7300GS for about 80 bucks man :wink: Sell ya mine :o  Overclocks almost 200MHz on the core and 150 on the memory.
!