A7N8X deluxe from IDE to SATA - bios setting problem

xlarge

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
I have changed from IDE-drives to SATAII - setting the jumper on the disk to SATAI and it works pretty well, but I have to go via Bios every time I have a "cold" start (every morning), because the start freeze at the screen with the Logo. Warm start from there and Del gives me Bios and I normally only use F10 and Y(es) to continue a succesful restart.

There is also a problem with my two external LaCie SATA-drives which use a PCI-SCSI card. First I could't see them at all, but after getting a new Bios rev 1008 instead of my earlier rev 1007, things is something better, but still some problems. Now the bios show the line with my intern SATA before the lines with the extern SATA and I can see the extern SATA in Machine proporties - but not in the Explorer. There is no warning on the lines for the SCSI-card or that drive.

I have looked into a guide - her at Toms at page 2 - advanced setting and the question is what is correct setting in my case - upon first, second and third Boot. I also can't se any explanation about the line above "Raid or SCSI-card Boot".

Please tell me what setting I should use for these 4 items, when I only have an intern SATA-drive and a SCSI-card with extern SATA-drives. (No IDE at this time, but I intend to use them later).

Is the case such a big problem that I must get rid of the extern SATA's ?
I'm using Windows xp pro sp2.

xlarge

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
the line above "Raid or SCSI-card Boot".
is something else in my Bios version. Here it is: "SATA or SCSI boot order". I think this is somewhat new in the Bios, but my question is in fact,

What shall I use in this item (only one intern SATA-drive and no IDE except DVD/CD) and what shall I use in the 3 next (first, second and third).

My own suggest was SATA in "SATA or SCSI boot order" and Cd as first, drive 0 as second and SCSI as third, but I manage to start with SCSI as second as well, but only when I doing Warm start after being in Bios and only set F10 and yes.

This is to heavy to do every day, so I hope for a solution.

Please ....