Sign in with
Your question

Will the Scythe Infinity fit @ a Asus Striker Extreme?

Last response: in Overclocking
December 3, 2006 9:47:55 PM

Hi,

In a few weeks I will be getting my Asus Striker Extreme mainboard... The cooler I have now is the Scythe Infinity. Anyone have any idea if this will fit?
I found some information @ a website... but I'm still confused...

The website says:
"While the area around the CPU socket is clear and there’s plenty of room to install more exotic cooling solutions, the layout of the heatsinks surrounding the CPU socket will prevent some of the larger heatsinks from fitting on the board without modification. If your heatsink is wider than 103mm less than 35mm from its base, there will not be room. "

My cooler's Overall Dimension: 125x116x160 (WxDxH)

So will this fit or not?
December 3, 2006 10:48:08 PM

Good question. If anyone knows for sure how about the P5W DH Deluxe. I bought them both anyways so I will find out, but would like to know for sure.
December 5, 2006 4:31:34 AM

In sort, yes it will. But it will not be easy.
Related resources
December 5, 2006 7:32:48 PM

Yes it will fit, a T-120 fits like a charm and takes more space horizontally than the Infinity.
December 5, 2006 8:05:59 PM

Quote:
Yes it will fit, a T-120 fits like a charm and takes more space horizontally than the Infinity.

That's because the base of the T-120 is higher... so with that cooler you don't have the heatpipes that are getting in the way... the Infinity's base is only 30mm... which is not enough :( 
December 6, 2006 12:13:11 AM

You still have the heatpipes, but yeah the fins are lower on a Inifinity. If you cant find anyone using it, get the mobo and measure, then order.
December 6, 2006 6:55:08 AM

Quote:
You still have the heatpipes, but yeah the fins are lower on a Inifinity. If you cant find anyone using it, get the mobo and measure, then order.

Yeah.... but the thing is that I allready bought the Infinity and I have like 1 week to return it to exchange it for another.... while the Striker is to arrive end of this year (Pre-order here in Holland)

So when I wait till the striker is here, I'll not be able to return the infiniy... so that will cost me money :( 
December 6, 2006 7:34:54 PM

Well I am installing mine Friday. Will let you know how it goes. Not a stryker but a P5W DH Delux. Will update later this weekend
December 6, 2006 8:58:59 PM

Quote:
Well I am installing mine Friday. Will let you know how it goes. Not a stryker but a P5W DH Delux. Will update later this weekend

Thx. But the P5W DH Deluxe doesn't have heatpipes surrounding the CPU... Yes it has some heatpipes... but not like the Striker.. So I quess it will fit at your mainboard... but not at the Striker.
!