Share webcam question

David

Hi,

I've got a home network of 3 pc's in one room. Two of the pc's are xp home,
and one is win98se.

I'd like to connect the webcam (cheapo trust thingy) to one of the pc's and
share it's output amongst the pc's. My daughter chats with her freinds on
the old pc, and I chat with mine on the new pc. I currently have to keep
unplugginf and moving the camera. Leaving it fixed in one place to one pc is
what I'd like. Is this possible?

Thanks

You could try a USB switchbox.

Sounds like you might also like to point the webcam alternately to
your daughter and yourself. You can do this with a TrackerPod pan/tilt
base available here:

http://www.trackerpod.com

There are two versions: one that you control with your computer mouse
and another that you control with a TV-remote.

"David" <david.brown@tesco.net> wrote in message news:<IvHZc.118$uO3.88@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net>...
> Hi,
>
> I've got a home network of 3 pc's in one room. Two of the pc's are xp home,
> and one is win98se.
>
> I'd like to connect the webcam (cheapo trust thingy) to one of the pc's and
> share it's output amongst the pc's. My daughter chats with her freinds on
> the old pc, and I chat with mine on the new pc. I currently have to keep
> unplugginf and moving the camera. Leaving it fixed in one place to one pc is
> what I'd like. Is this possible?
>
> Thanks

TRENDING THREADS