/ Sign-up
Your question

Whatever happened to Phase-Change-Cooling

  • Cooling
  • Overclocking
  • Product
Last response: in Overclocking

What is your favorite James Bond Evil Sidekick?

Total: 5 votes

  • Oddjob
  • 60 %
  • Jaws
  • 40 %
  • Nick Nack
  • 0 %
December 4, 2006 12:18:28 AM

I remember reading on Anandtech that some type of cooling called Phase Chage Cooling was coming out. Then I hear someone suggest Phase Change cooling and name a price of 900USD.
What is PhaseChangeCooling, how does it work, and where can one get it. Im not interested in buying, its just nice to know.

as always billdcat4

More about : happened phase change cooling

December 4, 2006 3:22:14 AM

first of all, what the hell does james bond have to do with anything?

anyway, phase change is extreme cooling, most systems manage temps anywhere from -20c to -60c, there mainly reserved for extreme oc-ing. the only way to get a system is to have a guy build one for you, or you build it yourself. It's kinda like water cooling, only you use gas instead. (the gas is changed into a liquid before it hits the cpu.) phase change has been around for a while btw.

read this article, how to build a system and a basic explanation of how everything works.
December 4, 2006 5:19:26 AM

Nice link for a homemade phase.
Again, James Bond!?!?