where are the desktop wallpaper picture files kept

Can anyone tell me where is the file directory that all the default desktop
wallpaper picture files kept. I could not find them.
For example the Windows Xp Professional wallpaper.
Thank you.

--
Paul
3 answers Last reply

    Paul wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me where is the file directory that all the default
    > desktop wallpaper picture files kept. I could not find them.
    > For example the Windows Xp Professional wallpaper.

    Assuming you have a standard installation, the BMP tiles are in C:\Windows
    and the 800x600 background JPGs are in C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper. Substitute
    C:\Windows for your %systemroot% if necessary.

    > Thank you.

    No problem.

    BMP Files from %Systemroot% (WINDOWS folder)

    BMP, JPG, GIF, JPE, DIB, PNG, HTM files from the following locations:
    %Systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper
    %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Pictures
    %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
    %ProgramFiles%\Plus!\Themes

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Paul" <sunfai02(sunfai)@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uMm5tgn8EHA.824@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    Can anyone tell me where is the file directory that all the default desktop
    wallpaper picture files kept. I could not find them.
    For example the Windows Xp Professional wallpaper.
    Thank you.

    --
    Paul

    Thank you, Andre, I found it.

    "Andr?Gulliksen" <andre.gulliksen@start.no> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:33vvrgF44goemU1@individual.net...
    > Paul wrote:
    >> Can anyone tell me where is the file directory that all the default
    >> desktop wallpaper picture files kept. I could not find them.
    >> For example the Windows Xp Professional wallpaper.
    >
    > Assuming you have a standard installation, the BMP tiles are in C:\Windows
    > and the 800x600 background JPGs are in C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper.
    > Substitute C:\Windows for your %systemroot% if necessary.
    >
    >> Thank you.
    >
    > No problem.

Desktops Wallpaper Microsoft Windows XP