Multiple Profiles ???

March 8, 2005 1:04:50 AM

Hello,

I'm not even sure what I'm trying to do is possible, but if so I figured
someone in this newsgroup could tell me. I want to use my single IPAQ with
my work and home computers. I want to keep everything separate. Tonight I
setup a partnership at work and a partnership at home but found that the
contacts for instance synchronized with my desktop from my ipaq which had
all my work garbage on it. I have don't a good bit of searching but to be
honest with you, I don't know what exactly to search for. The ideal
situation would be for the thing to synch with my work computer completely
separate from my home computer and there might be 2 contact lists, 2
inboxes, 2 tasks, 2 calendars, etc. Oh yeah, by the way, I'm running pocket
pc 2002.

Thanks in advance!

Jody

More about : multiple profiles

Anonymous
March 8, 2005 1:04:51 AM

Hi,
ActiveSync does not allow you to keep separate profiles/data on your Pocket
PC for home and work and sync them separately.

ActiveSync sends all the data from the Pocket PC to the PC and send only the
selected categories to the Pocket PC. Plus the categories selected to sync
must be the same between the two PCs you sync with.

So I suggest using Intellisync from www.pumatech.com because it offers more
flexibility including one way synchronization.

--
Chris De Herrera
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com

news:o mW6Yu4IFHA.1396@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...