Mike

Splendid

Why does the color of some taskbar buttons 'randomly' turn from blue to red?
When I bring the associated application into focus, the red button reverts
back to blue. Is there a rhyme or reason to taskbar button color? Thanks in
advance.

| Why does the color of some taskbar buttons 'randomly' turn from blue to
red?
| When I bring the associated application into focus, the red button reverts
| back to blue. Is there a rhyme or reason to taskbar button color? Thanks
in
| advance.

The application in question is trying to gain focus and is waiting for your
acknowledgement.

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 08:35:02 -0800, Mike wrote:

> Why does the color of some taskbar buttons 'randomly' turn from blue to red?
> When I bring the associated application into focus, the red button reverts
> back to blue. Is there a rhyme or reason to taskbar button color? Thanks in
> advance.

It's a "ready" notification. Example: Reviewing a document while waiting
for a web page to load. The taskbar button for the browser blinks when the
web page has loaded and is ready for your attention.
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User