Is a Albatron Trinity 6200 series (AGP,256mb) any good???

CrapyComputerGuy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
Hi i just got a 6200 and i was wondering if it is any good because i don't have any new or recent games the last game i got was C&C generals and i wanted to know if my new card was any good?

georgelawton

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
Hi i just got a 6200 and i was wondering if it is any good because i don't have any new or recent games the last game i got was C&C generals and i wanted to know if my new card was any good?

nah... its good for surfing the net and writing emails. But you cant game on it. Well i guess you could at 640x480 everything on ultra low.

angminas

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2006
There really isn't an absolute answer, because whether a computer component is good or not depends on what the price was and how you're using it. It's likely to be much more powerful than your old solution, but it's not what most gamers would consider good. If you want to check your framerate with different settings, try FRAPS. It's a handy little utility that will show your current frames per second even within a game. It's nice to have 25-30 FPS in a strategy or RPG, with 45+ in a FPS. If your machine stutters, you might need to turn down textures, add ram, get a better sound card, close background programs, or any number of other adjustments. If you search the forums for any game you play a lot, you can often find a thread detailing such things.

But if you get too caught up in numbers, you might spend more than you can afford and still miss the point of gaming. Are you getting enough details and frames that you're happy with your purchase? That's the real question. :)

IceBlue666

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
well c&c generals should run on it at 1024*768 at medium settings. A 6600 or 7600 would have been a much better choice

CrapyComputerGuy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
yea i was gutted when i told my dad 2 get me a 6600GT and he got me a 6200 cause of the stupid technician told him theres no differnce ...... only lyk 2x less frame rate but my dad didnt know so its not really his fault