C & C Generals Problem

Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer,alt.games.command-n-conq (More info?)

Hi all

I've installed C & C Generals no problems, but now the game itself won't
run.

The following message comes up :-

The D3D8.DLL file is linked to missing export DDRAW.DLL: Unlock CB

Any help will be much appreciated.

--
TIA
Da\/e

    my two cents
    try updating your Direct X.

    "Dave" <dw@b1u3y0nd3r.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi all
    >
    > I've installed C & C Generals no problems, but now the game itself won't
    > run.
    >
    > The following message comes up :-
    >
    > The D3D8.DLL file is linked to missing export DDRAW.DLL: Unlock CB
    >

    > Any help will be much appreciated.
    >
    > --
    > TIA
    > Da\/e
    > Please reply to group
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer,alt.games.command-n-conq (More info?)

    Hi Tod

    Thank you so much for that. I'd installed 8.1 off the C & C G Disc when
    I installed the game, yet got that error message.

    So following your posting, I downloaded 9.0 and the game is working fine.

    Once again, many thanks.

    Da\/e

    Tod wrote:
    > my two cents try updating your Direct X.
    >
    > "Dave" <dw@b1u3y0nd3r.co.uk> wrote in message
    >
    >> Hi all
    >>
    >> I've installed C & C Generals no problems, but now the game itself
    >> won't run.
    >>
    >> The following message comes up :-
    >>
    >> The D3D8.DLL file is linked to missing export DDRAW.DLL: Unlock CB
    >>

    >> Any help will be much appreciated.
    >>
    >> -- TIA Da\/e Please reply to group

Games Command Prompt DLL Video Games