Click here to begin 'Start' button

I like to use Windows Explore by right clicking the Start button in the
bottom left of my screen. It has become cluttered with progam launch
shortcuts. How do I edit/remove these shortcuts? Thanks

"Emvis" <Emvis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I like to use Windows Explore by right clicking the Start button in
> the bottom left of my screen. It has become cluttered with progam
> launch shortcuts. How do I edit/remove these shortcuts? Thanks

Highlight the shortcut and press the Delete key.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

If you mean highlight by placing you mouse over it.....it dosen't seem to
work. It will activate the shortcut if I right or left click it.

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" wrote:

> "Emvis" <Emvis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I like to use Windows Explore by right clicking the Start button in
> > the bottom left of my screen. It has become cluttered with progam
> > launch shortcuts. How do I edit/remove these shortcuts? Thanks
>
> Highlight the shortcut and press the Delete key.
>
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC
> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx

DtM

Weird on the right click part
Usally just right click and choose remove from start menu/ "unpin it"
Good luck

"Emvis" wrote:

> If you mean highlight by placing you mouse over it.....it dosen't seem to
> work. It will activate the shortcut if I right or left click it.
>
> "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
> > "Emvis" <Emvis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I like to use Windows Explore by right clicking the Start button in
> > > the bottom left of my screen. It has become cluttered with progam
> > > launch shortcuts. How do I edit/remove these shortcuts? Thanks
> >
> > Highlight the shortcut and press the Delete key.
> >
> > --
> > Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> > Please respond in Newsgroup only. Do not send email
> > http://www.fjsmjs.com
> > Protect your PC
> > http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx

If you left click the start button the main menu appears...if you right click
it shows a menu with OPEN EXPLORE SEARCH.etc....there are now other shortcuts
there from various software installations.......I cannot figure out how to
remove them

In news:F4999912-7FD1-435D-BFCD-D683BD32B00F@microsoft.com,
Emvis <Emvis@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> If you left click the start button the main menu appears...if
> you
> right click it shows a menu with OPEN EXPLORE
> SEARCH.etc....there are
> now other shortcuts there from various software
> installations.......I
> cannot figure out how to remove them

It requires a registry edit. If you're comfortable editing the
registry go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell and remove them
there.

Please reply to the newsgroup

The shell folder is at default with one additional folder in it called find.
Within find are folders called command and ddeexec. Within the Directory
folder there are a number of files in shellex that may have a link to the
right click menu.....I'm not sure where to go from here