Sign in with
Your question

Getting rid of ALOT

Last response: in Site Feedback
October 13, 2010 8:09:27 PM

Hello,
Added ALOT recently by accident.2 days ago Google just disappeared and ALOT has replaced Google on the toolbar. Where did Google go and how 2 get rid of ALOT?

More about : rid alot

October 13, 2010 9:42:01 PM

Hijackthis is a pretty good one to undo a hijacked web browser. Try that out.
October 13, 2010 10:30:50 PM

Start-->control panel-->add/remove programs-->uninstall any unwanted toolbars.
Related resources
September 19, 2011 10:38:01 PM

aford10 said:

aLOT can be removed from the control panel, but it creeps back in and takes over firefox browser. There's also an infection that causes the search engines to go to a redirect page in firefox. Annoying to have an otherwise good browser polluted with aLOT of Spam!
September 19, 2011 10:43:21 PM

If you're getting redirects, you likely have malware. There is a malware guide in my signature to help remove it.

If the problem is simply an unwanted toolbar, the add/remove programs should remove that with ease.
June 6, 2012 11:48:42 AM

aford10 said:

hi......yes i had looked there already. problem is i don't know which toolbar represents ALOT because it doesn't actually say ALOT anywhere there
June 6, 2012 3:30:47 PM

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

You can turn any toolbar on or off in Internet Explorer from the View menu then Toolbars and untick anything you don't want.

Right back at the beginning of this thread almost two years ago, Joe mentioned HijackThis. Download that from http://www.trendmicro.com and install it then click to scan and carefully go through the list of results,picking out any ALOT related entries and unticking them. Click to remove then restart the computer and all should be well.

!