xxx problems!

March 8, 2005 9:13:26 AM

I use letter recognizer as my main choice for text input (iPaq RX3715) but
writing a letter 'x' always deletes the preceding letter or space, so if I
want to write 'exit' I have to actually write 'eexit'. has anyone else
noticed this behaviour? It's getting on my xxx nerves!

Ted

More about : xxx problems

Anonymous
March 8, 2005 12:05:08 PM

First, putting "xxx" in a subject line is a good way to assure that it
will be avoided by many ;-)

The most likely reason is that part of your "X" stroke is being seen by
the input as a <backspace> (right to left line) Tap the help icon on
the input pad and select demo, then tap "x" to see what is expected.

Assume you know that there are two different "character recognizers"
which handle stroke input differently.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 12:05:09 PM

"Beverly Howard wrote in message
| First, putting "xxx" in a subject line is a good way to assure that it
| will be avoided by many ;-)

and yet it is a good way for many to read it first ;-) (sorry, couldn't
resist)
March 8, 2005 11:16:42 PM

Ted Rogers wrote:
> I use letter recognizer as my main choice for text input (iPaq RX3715) but
> writing a letter 'x' always deletes the preceding letter or space, so if I
> want to write 'exit' I have to actually write 'eexit'. has anyone else
> noticed this behaviour? It's getting on my xxx nerves!
>
> Ted

Instead of trying to input an "x" just input the "\" part of the
character and letter recogniser should see it as an x.

HTH

--
Regards

Steve G
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 9:02:34 PM

Yeah! I hope they are called "gestures" in the recognition context. They are
useful for text input. Please view the demo in the help to know how to get
used with the recognizer.

Thanks,
Prasada Raju Indukuri [MSFT]

news:o mtB2X6IFHA.2628@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...