petebert

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2003
hey what settings do i use for memtest? just fire it up and let it go at defualt?

I'm using memtest v1.65, is that the most current?

when playing with the settings i went from Bios-Std to Bios-All and it got 1700 or so errors in about 5 seconds and locked up, is that a problem? and if i use the probe option in that same setting screens I get continuous errors, it didnt completly lock up but it showed about 50k in about 30 seconds and didnt let me get into the options any more.

G

Red in memtest = not good.
I usually just let it running at default, should not get any errors in a 8h run.

On the other hand if your PC is running fine and stable, no big deal, if that`s not the case, you should invsetigate more by trying one stick at the time and see which one is bad

kona

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2005
you should note what the settings are when you get those errors and try back your memory settings off manually from that point until you get not errors. Of course it is possible that you just have bad RAM but try one stick then the other to find out. Also you could try setting everything to the manufacturers specs and then testing. If you get errors then...thats bad. Any errors are not good. Bad RAM is no joke dude...I suggest that if you have any info on that computer that is of value to you that you not let it boot intot he OS! By they way, the most recent version of MEMTEST is actually memtest86+ V1.86...the plus designating a newer version...so if thats what you have then you're good.

TRENDING THREADS