Valtiel

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2005
what sort of overclock do you think I can achieve and still be stable?

I've pushed it up to about 415 Core and 1150 memory (with very low amounts of artifacting) and it stayed below 75C (meh!) but it got caught on a infinite loop on F.E.A.R

does anyone have this card besides me?

Valtiel

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2005
What governs whether it crashes during 3dmark?

I use 3dmark03 and if I push it too high it will give me a BSOD saying NV4_disp.dll has gotten caught in an infinite loop blah blah blah but I don't see artifacting during 3dmark (only games)

Valtiel

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2005
my PSU is a 380W Coolmax with 18a on the +12V rail

it was the only power supply that we could find at Fry's that would fit in our HP OEM case

P4 Prescott 3.0 Ghz
Infineon 400Mhz (Stock RAM)
Asus P4SD-LA Motherboard

if there's anything else you need list it and ill go grab it off of Sandra

thats all i can remember off the top of my head

Valtiel

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2005
it did say on the box of my graphics card that 350W and 18amps was recommended..

one more thing it is running a bit hot would that affect it? (60c on idle) its because of poor case ventilation i took the side of my case off and it cooled it 9 degrees Celsius :lol: but I cant invest in a new case for a week or so

Valtiel

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2005
hehe ok as soon as I get my Case ill put money into buying a new PSU and put my components into that

Case: thermaltake tsunami
and PSU Link

one thing do you think this PSU is SLi capable it is 44amps combined and thats several above some of the recommended for Sli (edit: nevermind i just realized it said SLi Ready in the name im dumb :p)

BTW im not trying to overkill my PSU ill be switching out the components soon after i get my case for my new gaming system

or do you have an alternative suggestion for a power supply? How do I know whether a power supply will fit in my case? is it the form factor :?:

mrmez

Splendid
I had an XFX 6800GS AGP too...
Managed to get abt 440Mhz, mem would only get to abt 1100. This was all 100% stable.

Mem wasnt a great OC, but i did manage to unlock one set of pipes. All in all was a good card.

As they say tho... EVERY piece of h/wasr is unique to a degree. All should perform at their factory specs, but the degree u can OC to is 100% luck.

Valtiel

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2005
Thank you for helping me with that - I thought I knew all I needed about PSU's but apparently not :)

yeah i have had a rosewill crap out on me before so I was a little leery of them... (just 2 weeks ago too!)

sorry if i made you misunderstand about what I would be SLi'ing - I definitely would not be SLi'ing any 6 series card when they are starting to age but i never told you that :/
and about SLi - i just want to be SLI ready if I ever wanted to try it

ok I will post another topic in the PSU forum thanks for all the help!!

TRENDING THREADS