Deleted Files

Barry

My name is Barry and live in Papillion, Ne. I saw your address under xp
support. I am a carpenter trying to use this thing. I deleted some pictures
and some veg files. I tried to use restore points but even when i try recent
one it says it can't
My email is babarge7990 @cox.net
Thank You
with you have time
--
Barry

Hi Barry,

System Restore recovers a system state, not data files. To try and retrieve
your deleted files, you would want to use an undelete utility. These are
commonly available for free, and work on the premise that the space the file
formerly occupied has not been overwritten with new data yet. Once that has
occured, recovery requires more extensive (and expensive) work with
dedicated forensic tools by someone who knows what they are doing.

This one here works quite well for basic file recovery:
http://www.collina.us/files/REST2514.htm

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/