Status
Not open for further replies.

Eurasianman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Does anyone know how or where to sell your graphics card?

I'm trying to sell an ATI X1900XT 512 GDDR3 w/ Accelero X2 cooler card.

Any ideas... other than e-Bay!

prozac26

Distinguished
May 9, 2005
Go to the Community section here at the Forumz. Classified to be exact.

Also, try to put up an ad in your local newspaper.

Also, you can sell it on eBay. :twisted:

caamsa

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Wow nice card! Sure you want to part with it? Problem is used electronic goods are sometimes hard to sell (probably not that card but when they start to age I found them hard to unload) and a card like that is usually worth more than someone will be willing to pay for it. Here is what I would suggest.

Like prozac said try the forums you might find someone in your area who wants it. (I don't know your age but be careful of crazies they are out there) If you find a buyer meet them in a public place like your local police station for the exchange :wink:

Do you have a local bargin hunters paper in your area (might be called a Pennysaver)? They often let you advertise for free if the amount is not above a ceratin amount.

Try a family member or friend! Or someone at work! Good luck!

An add in the paper can cost 15-25 dollars per week so try to use free advertisement if you can. Use you local grocery store bulliten board!

Eurasianman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
I've had it since September. It's an ATI X1900XT 512 GDDR3 with an Accelero X2. I had it overclocked for a week, and then went back because I saw no need for it. It's a wonderful graphics card and works great with dual display. I will sell it with the aftermarket cooler as well as the stock. It will include all original packaging as well as the driver CD and the DVI converter. I also have all the paper work for it (invoice of the card). If you wish, I can put the stock cooler on it. The real purpose of the aftermarket cooler was to make my computer quiet. The stock cooler worked great. I'm asking for $300 (I paid $330 plus $30 for the cooler and a little extra with shipping and handling). Since it's Christmas, as long as you live in the US, I will pay for the shipping and handling. However, I prefer to be payed before sending it. If you want, I will send you pics of the card and the packaging as well. I will also show that it works by having the ATI Catalyst Control Center up and running showing you that it is an ATI X1900XT.

If you have any further questions regarding this product, please PM me.

Eurasianman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Wow nice card! Sure you want to part with it? Problem is used electronic goods are sometimes hard to sell (probably not that card but when they start to age I found them hard to unload) and a card like that is usually worth more than someone will be willing to pay for it. Here is what I would suggest.

Like prozac said try the forums you might find someone in your area who wants it. (I don't know your age but be careful of crazies they are out there) If you find a buyer meet them in a public place like your local police station for the exchange :wink:

Do you have a local bargin hunters paper in your area (might be called a Pennysaver)? They often let you advertise for free if the amount is not above a ceratin amount.

Try a family member or friend! Or someone at work! Good luck!

An add in the paper can cost 15-25 dollars per week so try to use free advertisement if you can. Use you local grocery store bulliten board!

LOL! Thanks for the advice. I just found that really funny. :oops:

JoeUbi

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2006
I've had it since September. It's an ATI X1900XT 512 GDDR3 with an Accelero X2. I had it overclocked for a week, and then went back because I saw no need for it. It's a wonderful graphics card and works great with dual display. I will sell it with the aftermarket cooler as well as the stock. It will include all original packaging as well as the driver CD and the DVI converter. I also have all the paper work for it (invoice of the card). If you wish, I can put the stock cooler on it. The real purpose of the aftermarket cooler was to make my computer quiet. The stock cooler worked great. I'm asking for $300 (I paid $330 plus $30 for the cooler and a little extra with shipping and handling). Since it's Christmas, as long as you live in the US, I will pay for the shipping and handling. However, I prefer to be payed before sending it. If you want, I will send you pics of the card and the packaging as well. I will also show that it works by having the ATI Catalyst Control Center up and running showing you that it is an ATI X1900XT.

If you have any further questions regarding this product, please PM me.

Just a little heads up, I doubt you'll get 300 for it... You can get the 256 MB version for $160 on newegg... Usually the price dif between 256 and 512 MB cards is $50 bucks... I'd say at best, you'd get $250 for it... At bare minimum because of the cooler I'd say $200.

Eurasianman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Well, on newegg, brand new one, goes for $269. Open box, $239. Considering that this has an aftermarket cooler, which has shown to be better and the fact that I'm not charging for shipping and handling, I think $300 is fine. Unless someone else would like to add to that.

Considering that it's a rarity and that there are people looking for these, I feel that that reason justifies the price.

Lastly, this was built by ATI. As in, it's ATI! Not sapphire, or HIS, or anything like that.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Er, d00d, ebay is for suckers, you might be able to sell it for more than it cost you new. You just have to know how to do things.

Follow some of the highest-bidding auctions for about a week and find out what the master sellers are doing that others aren't, to boost bids. This has to do with such things as what day and time the auction ends and how you describe the card.

Look, back in the 1970's the Ford Pinto was about the cheapest car you could get, but some crafty dealers advertised "OUR Pinto has Rack and Pinion Steering for better road feel!" Sure, they all did, but idiots didn't know that.

tmac

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2004
Just a little heads up, I doubt you'll get 300 for it... You can get the 256 MB version for $160 on newegg... Usually the price dif between 256 and 512 MB cards is $50 bucks... I'd say at best, you'd get $250 for it... At bare minimum because of the cooler I'd say $200.

I agree with 200-250 range. Ebay, is a great place to see what what
people are paying - not asking. On the link you posted, one has a bid
for 221 + 10 for shipping. But it has 2 days to go. And the real bids
come in the last couple of moments. So who knows. What percentage
do people give ebay, for an item at that price.

Your best bet - would be to a friend - no shipping - free installation -
more trusting that your not giving a bad board -

Good Luck

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I just bought a friend of mine a new X1950XT for around $265 CAD ($232 USD). Video cards are also generally more expensive in Canada, so you are crazy if you think that a USED X1900XT will get $300. The most you usually get for a used video card is about 2/3 of the current retail price.

akahuddy

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2006
I wouldn't pay that much for it...

I got an X1900XTX + a CF Edition card for $450 together. I wouldn't pay more than $225 for a used XT.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
If you can get a new X1950XT, even on sale, for less than $250, I would definitely not pay that much for a USED X1900XT. The X1950XT is a slightly better card. I probably wouldn't pay more that $170 for it, maybe $190 with the after market cooler.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
d0-0d, you don't seem to understand that it doesn't matter. Most of eBay's bidders don't know how to shop online. If they see the same card at CompUSA for $400, they'll think $300 is a great deal on a used one, even if Newegg sells it for $250, because they never check Newegg.

Sheesh. eBay is a GREAT place to rip people off, not by selling junk, but by overpromoting decent hardware to make newbs think they're getting a good deal.

Eurasianman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
The only reason why is because it will come with an Accelero X2 and I know there are people out there that want the 512 GDDR3 version for God knows why. I feel that the fact that they are not made anymore justifies the price.

Think of it as an "antique" and the fact that it hasn't been overclocked for more than a week.

Anyone else like to add?

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Fair enough. I didn't realize we were talking ebay pricing here. It could very well get up to $300 on ebay. Who knows. That would be pretty sweet, you could get the 8800gts for another $150.

Status
Not open for further replies.