Sign in with
Your question

Building a computer (with a (semi)budget), need help

Last response: in Systems
December 4, 2006 8:28:14 PM

So far I have decided only on upgrading to a Core 2 Duo E6300. I'm going to also get one of those processor fans so I can overclock.

For a motherboard I was thinking of the Gigabyte DS3 but it's quite expensive.. I have, however, heard great things about it; including that it's good for overclocking.

I have no ideas about RAM, PSU, or GPU.. That's where I mainly need some help. I have something along the lines of £400 and with CPU, fan and mobo that already puts me at around £215 (with current prices. I'm going to buy after Christmas so hopefully prices will drop?). Any suggestions?
December 4, 2006 9:09:44 PM

Well Around 1gb Ram I guess...
A Gf7600GT and
A power Supply with more than 400W
December 5, 2006 2:55:51 AM

Quote:
So far I have decided only on upgrading to a Core 2 Duo E6300. I'm going to also get one of those processor fans so I can overclock.

For a motherboard I was thinking of the Gigabyte DS3 but it's quite expensive.. I have, however, heard great things about it; including that it's good for overclocking.

I have no ideas about RAM, PSU, or GPU.. That's where I mainly need some help. I have something along the lines of £400 and with CPU, fan and mobo that already puts me at around £215 (with current prices. I'm going to buy after Christmas so hopefully prices will drop?). Any suggestions?

Don't make the mistake of getting the DS3.
Related resources
December 5, 2006 3:32:00 AM

whats wrong with the ds3? And what mobo do you suggest?
December 5, 2006 3:51:29 AM

I don't know what's wrong with the DS3. I have one, and it seems great. I suppose you could go with the S3 instead, it's a little cheaper and the only difference is the capacitors aren't quite as fancy (3 year lifetime instead of 5 year, or something like that).
December 5, 2006 8:03:12 AM

Yes get a gigabyte S3 motherboard to save money. A thermaltake or seasonic PSU, 1gb 800mhz ram. Get the ati x1950pro and get the artic cooling freezer 7 HSF which is also cheap.
!