Gigabyte Releases Thin Mini-ITX Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Boo to 4x pcie.. mSata is nice though and I kind of miss that from the z67 boards. I guess if you want to make a slim mini itx pc PCIE isn't important since you can't put a card in the slot anyways, I would prefer to have a nice next gen AMD board with the same hardware though.

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
I have been using the Intel DQ77KB boards for AIO machines, and they are great, but pricey. this looks like a possible better value..
and they dont come with the brick, you add one. a stock HP or Dell one often works. or a generic universal. you size it by the component set you pick - generally 130 - 210w

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
I guess from the comments above and below mine that people do want this on an AMD system, I just can't figure out why someone would down vote my comment asking for a next gen AMD board with the same specs. You know, like the new Richland series APU that is going to be released in 2-3 weeks....

I fixed that for you :lol:

Maybe it's an industry conspiracy? :heink:

I've got one of those 1st-gen ASRock -ITXs with an A10-5700 and it's sweet (and hasn't caught on fire, yet!)

I haven't taken the GPU above 896MHz for fear it might spontaneously combust, but I want to really get cranking above 1GHz.

I hope Gigabyte is listening.

Dougie Fresh

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
I can't wait until these are actually available, not just listed as sold-out on the 'Egg. I have the perfect cases from them -- IWill S197-H80 and S19-H55. I have been making SFF HTPC systems with Giada motherboards in those and they are great. The thing that I stlll need to figure out is a good cooler that blows sideways like the Giada motherboards do. Dynatron K199 is nice but it's a bit noisy and with components moving to the back of the motherboard, not easy to install the backplate.

Given thin mini-ITX is an Intel form-factor, it's unlikely we'll see AMD designs in this format. I think too all that's needed to keep FM2 cool would defeat the purpose.

It would be nice to see a Gigabyte FM2 mini-ITX board soon. Please. For Richland maybe? Until then given ASRock the most available choice there's no FM2 happening here. I still put together FM1 systems instead.

Aaron McCann

Honorable
May 27, 2013
Any ideas on finding a power brick for this board to utilize the external power input? Im looking at using one of these for a project and since they dont give you a power supply with it, and dont tell where to get one.. I am kinda lost?
The only info I know is that it needs a 19v DC power adapter.. and the watts should match your components. Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.