No On-Board Sound

gothitbycar

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2002
The problem is when I install any of the sound cards, it will not detect the on-board sound. I checked the device manager and nothing. It will detect the sound card I installed but that is it.

I have an Asus K8V deluxe with an Athlon 64 3200+.

I believe it's a hardware issue but I'm running Win XP SP2 32-bit.

I have 3 sound sources that I want to run on my computer (I need 3 recording inputs and want 5.1 surround):

On-board - 6-Channel ADI (Used for surround)
Sound Blaster 5.1 PCI (Used for sound input)
M-Audio Delta 66 PCI (No 1/8" sound plugs, for breakout box.)

In the BIOS I have on-board sound enabled. And it works fine.

I'm running a newer version of the BIOS, but the newest update doesn't allow me to boot from my Window's hard drive (VIA RAID SATA.)

Anyone know how to fix this problem?

My next step is to get a new sound blaster with lots of inputs but I don't really want to run the overhead that the new creative drivers are known for.

SciFiMan

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
Sorry, but have you double checked all the settings, such as nothing is on mute, and the inputs and cabling is correct? Also have you tried just one card at a time, to get each one working?

rio65

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2006
I want this moth a full sediment will be expressed that. It already for a long time the known fact that on it these hand-made articles of the different sound companies do not work. Not only because Asus a full sediment, not also because m-audio delta full slag. I advise to change moth on, I want this moth a full deposit, will be expressed it. It already during long time the known fact, that on it these clauses of manual work of the various sound companies do not work. Not only because asus a full deposit, not also, because m-audio is sucking.
Also, what we have in the given context? Clearly one - it is necessary to change payment to something more adequate, for example other moth.

I want this moth a full sediment will be expressed that. It already for a long time the known fact that on it these hand-made articles of the different sound companies do not work. Not only because Asus a full sediment, not also because m-audio delta full slag. I advise to change moth on, I want this moth a full deposit, will be expressed it. It already during long time the known fact, that on it these clauses of manual work of the various sound companies do not work. Not only because asus a full deposit, not also, because m-audio is sucking.
Also, what we have in the given context? Clearly one - it is necessary to change payment to something more adequate, for example other moth.

8O

rio65

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2006

8O
don't you agree?

8O
don't you agree?

8O