Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Router settings - can't access the address

Last response: in Networking
Share
April 23, 2006 3:14:10 AM

Hi, I cannot access my compusa wireless router (SKU 333629). I've searched these forums but have found not help so far.

The address is supposed to be 192.168.2.1 but Netscape (I also tried IE) cannot see the router even though I am using it to browse the web.

Anyone know what to do?

regards,
April 23, 2006 3:24:37 AM

PS I can ping the router too. Just can't get access to change the settings for security etc etc
April 24, 2006 3:39:42 PM

Is it a CompUSA router????

When you try to access the address in IE what comes up??? Something like "page cannot be displayed?"


Verify that the router has web accessibility also.
Related resources
April 26, 2006 6:58:15 PM

are you trying it thru the wireless?
Some routers wont let you do that for security reasons. Try a wired connection if not already using one.

Do an ip config and see what the default gateway is. This should be the address to get to the setup. Just to make sure it hadnt changed.
May 1, 2006 11:41:14 PM

Does the manual show exactly how to get to the webconfig? There may be something else to tac on there like https:// or a port number. That isn't very common on home routers but ya never know ;) 
June 8, 2006 11:59:26 AM

Quote:

Do an ip config and see what the default gateway is. This should be the address to get to the setup. Just to make sure it hadnt changed.


I have the same problem... (another tread)
I have tried an ipconfig and tried the adress in standard gateway: 85.24.39.254 (strange right?) But without any luck...
Have also tried restarting...
June 8, 2006 12:33:28 PM

I experienced a similar thing with a different router with my fiancee's laptop

Using a wired, or wireless connection with IE, for some reason ... I couldn't access the GUI (I think I got a page can not be displayed error)

Plugging it into my desktop .. all was well ....

Good lcuk
June 8, 2006 7:30:16 PM

Look at your default Gateway address and try connecting to that. If 192.168.0.1 try 192.168.0.254 if that doesnt work to a reset to factory a couple of times.

Did they supply a setup CD with the router, if so try it, it should know where to find it.
June 14, 2006 2:45:03 AM

i have the same experience with my westell 327 modem/router, i get "page cannot be displayed whenever i access the modem, ive tried doing these:
*ip address = 192.168.1.47 gateway = 192.168.1.1

disabled firewall, accessed the ip address through the run command, ping 192.168.1.1 (ok), manually typed in the ip address and gateway in local area connection, reset the modem.

nothing works :(  sure hope someone can give us a suggestion regarding this issue
June 14, 2006 11:14:19 AM

I have a cd with my linksys router, but it chrashes in the end where it tries to connect to the router....

Seems like its a curse..?!! ;) 
June 14, 2006 12:09:46 PM

Well in order to correct any thing you do need to some how connect to it.

You will proably have to blow the router back to factory. Most routers you hold the reset button in for 10 sec. Some you have to hold in when you power it up. You will need to refer to he manual if you have it.
June 14, 2006 1:13:29 PM

Ah!!! Linksys at it's best.
September 27, 2007 1:50:21 PM

Dug up an old thread, but I'm having the exact same problem with an old D-Link DI-614+. Cannot navigate to 192.168.0.1 or ping 192.168.0.1, but can still use internet. Also, I have an Xbox on one of the other ports of the router and it cannot access xbox live. Any help is greatly appreciated.
May 8, 2009 6:58:23 PM

blue68f100 said:
Look at your default Gateway address and try connecting to that. If 192.168.0.1 try 192.168.0.254 if that doesnt work to a reset to factory a couple of times.

Did they supply a setup CD with the router, if so try it, it should know where to find it.

Please mention Model Number of the device and also try to connect it through hypertrm, or console . if it is not a live router.
Go through the manuals , give me the model number of the router so that i can give you the proper steps to connect the router.
January 13, 2011 7:54:46 AM

Netgear CG3100D (Wireless-N Cable Gateway issued by ONO in Spain). All my computers on the network can connect to the internet without issue, can share files, see each other etc. All devices can be pinged, including the router. However accessing the configuration page seems to be impossible over wireless or wired connections. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me. IP of the router is 192.168.1.1 DHCP range from 1.3 - 1.254. 192.168.1.2 is an additional bridge with NAT and DHCP etc disabled, just provides more ports to connect to the network. The configuration page for this device is curiously accessible however.
March 10, 2011 4:41:37 PM

KristuZz said:
Quote:

Do an ip config and see what the default gateway is. This should be the address to get to the setup. Just to make sure it hadnt changed.


I have the same problem... (another tread)
I have tried an ipconfig and tried the adress in standard gateway: 85.24.39.254 (strange right?) But without any luck...
Have also tried restarting...



That isn't your gateway...that's your external IP most likely...

If you're running Windows, type ipconfig /all in your command console and there's a heading there that will tell you your gateway. Try accessing that via your browser. If it doesn't work, try pinging it from the console...
November 8, 2013 3:44:32 PM

whitebloodcell said:
Netgear CG3100D (Wireless-N Cable Gateway issued by ONO in Spain). All my computers on the network can connect to the internet without issue, can share files, see each other etc. All devices can be pinged, including the router. However accessing the configuration page seems to be impossible over wireless or wired connections. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me. IP of the router is 192.168.1.1 DHCP range from 1.3 - 1.254. 192.168.1.2 is an additional bridge with NAT and DHCP etc disabled, just provides more ports to connect to the network. The configuration page for this device is curiously accessible however.


November 8, 2013 3:48:30 PM

hI, i have the same netgear issued by ONO Spain (usless doesnt send much wifi signal or uninterupted connection) I want to use a tp-link AC1750 Archer c7 as my main router for wifi and desk top connection . I have heard i can do this by bridge/puente. Do you know the exact step by step method?
!