Price of barely used Dell 3xi

March 8, 2005 10:22:39 PM

I've been offered a Dell 3xi with integrated Bluetooth and wifi, with extra
battery, cases, styli, chargers, keyboard, for $400. Sound like a good
deal or no? Thanks, and may I say reading other threads has been priceless
to this newbie to pocket pcs.

More about : price barely dell 3xi

Anonymous
March 9, 2005 9:44:53 AM

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 19:22:39 GMT, "Michael Daugherty via
PocketPCJunkies.com" <forum@PocketPCJunkies.com> wrote:

>I've been offered a Dell 3xi with integrated Bluetooth and wifi, with extra
>battery, cases, styli, chargers, keyboard, for $400. Sound like a good
>deal or no? Thanks, and may I say reading other threads has been priceless
>to this newbie to pocket pcs.

Check Dell's site for the prices of the current models. For $400 you
have a new one.

Support Our Troops!
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 11:53:03 AM

Michael,
I bought my axim x3i, refurbished last year for around $300. So $400 seems a
little expensive.
Also just an fyi the x3i does not come with Bluetooth just integrated
802.11b wifi.
Charles

wrote in message
> I've been offered a Dell 3xi with integrated Bluetooth and wifi, with
> extra
> battery, cases, styli, chargers, keyboard, for $400. Sound like a good
> deal or no? Thanks, and may I say reading other threads has been
> priceless
> to this newbie to pocket pcs.

March 9, 2005 6:02:26 PM

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 08:53:03 -0500, "Charles P" <Charles005@aol.com>
wrote:

>Michael,
>I bought my axim x3i, refurbished last year for around $300. So $400 seems a
>little expensive.
>Also just an fyi the x3i does not come with Bluetooth just integrated
>802.11b wifi.

Actually X3i versions from Europe supplied later than Feb 2004 did
come with Bluetooth as standard too. Other (not X3i) didn't have
bluetooth at all. I think the X3i in the USA got bluetooth later on,
maybe summer 2004. Worth checking for support to be sure.

Aximsite has somewhere that the ROM version was discussed as a way to
determine if bluetooth was available though it wasn't 100% diagnostic.

Cheers - Neil
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 7:35:50 PM

You all are the best! Thanks for the great advice!

March 11, 2005 3:40:20 AM

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 19:22:39 GMT, "Michael Daugherty via
PocketPCJunkies.com" <forum@PocketPCJunkies.com> wrote:

>I've been offered a Dell 3xi with integrated Bluetooth and wifi, with extra
>battery, cases, styli, chargers, keyboard, for $400. Sound like a good
>deal or no? Thanks, and may I say reading other threads has been priceless
>to this newbie to pocket pcs.

I know you got other advice, but I say go for the used, as long as
it's relatively new and gently used. I don't know if you realize, but
as soon as you open the brand new one and use it, it's suddenly become
used. And you just paid $100 more for it. I say $100 more, because
sounds like he's offering about $100 worth of extras.

As long as the warranty is still good and transferrable (check on
that), why not buy used? But see if you can get him to go down in
price anyway. Offer $250 and settle on $300-$350. IMHO.

---
- Mark A.
!