Mid range dx10 cards? any guess's when?

hi
i am getting an x1950pro card soon.
however i cant afford to upgrade too often and will have this card for a few years probably
:(

i wont be getting this card til about the start of January so when do u think mid range dx10 cards may come out? i heard nvidia are releasing more dx10 cards in February?
and if they release the low/mid range performance would a 250-350$ card have compared to current cards in that price range?

i know that no one can know for sure and have exact figures but from past experiences and previous generations of cards that sum1 may have a rough idea?

and I know playing the waiting game is bad and ill allways be waiting for something newer and better. but not getting a dx10 card may haunt me in 2 or so years.
10 answers Last reply
More about range dx10 cards guess when
  1. i think is coming about february, maybe i better wait until there
  2. General range based on info thats been posted is like march-may 07
  3. I'm going to make a rough guess it will be April 2nd 2007 at 14:34.36 :lol:
  4. Quote:
    I'm going to make a rough guess it will be April 2nd 2007 at 14:34.36 :lol:

haha Nostradamus!!! hehehe LOL
  5. I've been rubbing my crystal balls so hard my eyes are watering. :oops:
  6. dam i dont want to wait that long.
    i suppose ill just get my x1950pro now and then be happy for about 6 months, then regret it for 18 months.

also when they come out, will a card in the price range of the 7900GS/x1950pro be faster than them?
  7. Unlikely but stranger things have come to pass.
  8. Quote:

"This means the birth of $199 to $249 DirectX 10 part is not that far away after all."

Yuck. It reminds me of when the 6600GT came out at $200 and the price stuck there for a year. The most expensive card that I ever purchased was the 7900GS for $130 in my system right now.

Decent performance in most games ought not cost $200+ . No DX10 for me for a while.
  9. Quote:

"This means the birth of $199 to $249 DirectX 10 part is not that far away after all."

Yuck. It reminds me of when the 6600GT came out at $200 and the price stuck there for a year. The most expensive card that I ever purchased was the 7900GS for $130 in my system right now.

Decent performance in most games ought not cost $200+ . No DX10 for me for a while.

All those DX10 cards in the near future with very little actually running on DX10. (sigh) It would be no surprise to learn that even a mid-range DX10 compliant card will require a 400 watt min PSU.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics