Problem Solved

pshrk

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
Have you checked the temps on your video card? What kind of overclocking did you do and what software did you use, etc..?

No way for you to fix your card once you killed it.

I can tell english is not your forte and thats ok, but if you want a better respose please try to formulate your post better!

XFXSupport

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2006
Keep in mind, overclocking is not as easy as many people think. There is more involved the just enabling cool bits or Ntune and cranking up the settings. You should also be constantly monitoring performance and heat. The cooler you keep it, the less chances you have of damaging it.

XFX Support

dean7

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Keep in mind, overclocking is not as easy as many people think. There is more involved the just enabling cool bits or Ntune and cranking up the settings. You should also be constantly monitoring performance and heat. The cooler you keep it, the less chances you have of damaging it.

XFX Support
Really??? It's not just a matter of sliding those bars in coolbits around? This OCing thing is HARD!!!! ;)

pshrk

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
I would have to put alot of work into killing three graphics cards using coolbits, what did you do, unplug the fan?

Edit: it's funny that the XFX support posted, lol!

dean7

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Maybe we should start a new Troll forum! With the motto "A64 X2 pwns C2D, just like P4 pwns A64. STFU NOOBS!"

I like it. How 'bout you?

dean7

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Why must it be in Perl?

BTW, we can have an "expert coolbits knob tweaking guide" (I'll write it of course) that's a one-stop guide to becoming a l33t overclocker!

Tuniq Tower and Scythe Infinity? Forget it! I'm all about the Zalman 9700 because EVERYBODY knows it's the best OCing bang for the buck!

:lol:

Actualy, I believe the common house fan is the l33t3st of the cooling methods.

Just stick a 12in box fan inside your case and OC away. as for Perl, my server is perl based, so it only reads perl code (or C++).

dean7

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
A 12in box fan??? I can't believe I didn't think of that! 8O

Here's one that I bet you didn't know:

With a common house fan inside your case, take the heatsink off for maximum cooling power. Just think about it! That big heatsink just gets in the way of the airflow! With all that air hitting your CPU directly, you can OC a C2D to 4GHz easy.

Anyway, unfortunately, I don't know Perl. I guess I could learn it easy enough, but is it really worth it at this point? Hmm...

dean7

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
XFX Support? Really? Is that allowed?
hes got to be violating some kind of NDA. :twisted:
Are you guys seriously thread-jacking this already-jacked thread? Comptia and I stole it fair and square! That's just low!!!! :lol:

My room mate has the 6600, and it runs everything very well (cause no shader 3.0 support). Infact, it runs oblivion beter then my 6800 (might be a driver issue though).

And all be damned if eating at McDonnalds today at lunch gave me the flu. Gawd all the sudden i feel aweful.

XFX Support? Really? Is that allowed?
hes got to be violating some kind of NDA. :twisted:
Are you guys seriously thread-jacking this already-jacked thread? Comptia and I stole it fair and square! That's just low!!!! :lol:

look whos calling whom a jack,,,,,jack!!

(UT 2004 announcers voice)"Threadjacked"

:p

Dean and verndewd have jacked this thread prepare to be amused and disguted :twisted:

Well as soon as I find the quad damage, im kicking your ass. Good thing I have been promoted to Admin (only cost $1900)... so tomorrow, your all banned for threadjacking a threadjacked thread of a trol..

Quake 3 announcers voice: "Quad Damage"
;Comptia_Rep frags verndewd
Quake 3 announcers voice: "Victory"