How can I upload my live video from my camcorder via FTP t..

I have a digital camcorder that I would like to upload a live stream of to
my website could anyone tell me how this might be done. I have some ideas of
my own but would like to hear anyone elses. thanks. Email me at
sincityharley@cox.net

"sincityharley" <sincityharley@cox.net> wrote in message
| I have a digital camcorder that I would like to upload a live stream of to
| my website could anyone tell me how this might be done. I have some ideas
of
| my own but would like to hear anyone elses. thanks. Email me at
| sincityharley@cox.net

Upload a live stream with FTP? Hmm I do not think you can upload a live
video stream with FTP.. Once you uploaded your stream, it's not going to be
live anymore :)

What you could do is "push/pull" you live stream from your "digital"
camcorder to/from your website.

This is how it can look (once setup okay) http://webcam.kijk.info
You could even add sound if you want.

You can do this with the free Windows Media Encoder from Microsoft.
(more info @
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/encoder/default.aspx)

Let me know if you need any help with setting it up.

Noël

--
http://webcam.kijk.info
http://www.resize2mail.com

If you want to use firewire on your camcorder then DVdriver
(http://www.trackercam.com/dvdriver) lets Windows Media Encoder see
your camcorder video.

I dont suppose I could get some help with the push/pull script that I have?
Are you familiar with the code for Java push?

| I dont suppose I could get some help with the push/pull script that I
have?
| Are you familiar with the code for Java push?

No I'm not familiar with java, so I can't really help you with that.

Noël

--
http://webcam.kijk.info
http://www.resize2mail.com