GA-965P-S3 problem detecting system specs, please help

I just built my first system, and I think I have a few problems.
When I used the Easy Tune Center that came with the motherboard to check my system specifications, I noticed that in the 'CPU' menu under 'System', It showed that the Front Side Bus is " 266.67", and the Core 2 Duo E6600 is supposed to have a FSB of 1066MHZ? It showed that the System Bus was 1066.68, but that was not the case for Front Side Bus. Is 266 the correct number, or is there someway I can fix this?
Also, it showed that L1 Cache had 32 KBytes, but that L2 Cache was grayed out and "N/A". Is that supposed to happen, because for the Core 2 Duo E6600, Layer 2 cache is "4M sharing" ?

Another problem was, in the SPD menu under 'System Menu', it showed the Max Bandwidth of the RAM as PC 4800 (303MHZ). The RAM I bought is supposed to be PC 4200 at 533 MHZ, does the menu show the correct settings, or can I fix this? Under the SPD Timing table in the SPD Menu, 266MHZ, &200MHZ. However, under another menu, the "Memory" frequency was 532. So I'm confused.

I'm a newbie to what its supposed to show. Thanks for any and all help!
4 answers Last reply
More about 965p problem detecting system specs help
  1. Try downloading CPU-z from Google and run it, to get a second set of readings, before you get any more worried!
  2. Wow, that was a fast reply, thanks!
    But yeah, I also downloaded 3DMark and from the results there, it showed L2 Cache as 4mb, so thats good. But the CPU info showed: " External Clock 266.0 MHz ". Is that supposed to be correct?

The RAM on 3DMark is good though, with each at 533 Mhz.
  3. 266MHz is the system clock. The FSB is quad-pumped based upon this frequency which means 4 data transfers take place for each system clock cycle.

266 MHz * 4(transfers per Hz) = 1066 Mega transfers per second
  4. Oh ok, I didn't know that. Now I do, thanks!
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte Motherboards