Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Problem

DennyCraneBL

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
I have had my Arctic Freezer 7 Pro in the box in a cupboard for a few weeks, I have just got it out and it seems the plastic cover at the bottom of the HS (the part that touches the CPU), has come loose.

I know it has pre-applied AS5, will this have wrecked it? It might have been like that for a few weeks, or maybe just minutes if it happened when I got it out of the cupboard.

I can't get a hold of some AS5, my (UK) online shops don't seem to stock it or have it in stock at the moment.

I have some stuff that came with my Zalman chipset cooler ... and some cheap thermal stuff from eBuyer.

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
It doesn't have pre-applied AS5. It has pre-applied AS MX-1, fairly close, but not the same.

I don't believe it will have any bearing at all with installation. As long as it doesn't look like a lot of dust or foreign particles got in there, it should be fine.

31computers

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
Try it as it is for the moment, and monitor the CPU temps closely via BIOS. If it overheats, it will shut down automatically anyway. If this happens, clean off the old thermal paste, reapply(in my experience it does not matter which make) and repeat the process until you are happy with the temps.

Good Luck!